Past signings you were "excited" about...

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Steve McManaman..remember his debut for City..think we beat Villa 4-1

He was incredible..it was all downhill from there..

I was at that match i think!! I won tickets from Ribena and before the match i stood in the centre circle wearing a purple Ribena shirt that didnt fit me shaking a Ribena version of the big champions league ball flag that gets shook in the centre circle haha embarrassing! Michael Tarnet scored a thunderbolt free kick so if thats the same game then i was there.....

Stuart Lee, from Stockport...................

.........because he was so shite I thought I'd have a chance of playing for City!

kippaxchris said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Steve McManaman..remember his debut for City..think we beat Villa 4-1

He was incredible..it was all downhill from there..

I was at that match i think!! I won tickets from Ribena and before the match i stood in the centre circle wearing a purple Ribena shirt that didnt fit me shaking a Ribena version of the big champions league ball flag that gets shook in the centre circle haha embarrassing! Michael Tarnet scored a thunderbolt free kick so if thats the same game then i was there.....

there you go. tarnat did score a belter and mcmanaman was indeed toss after this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYNU2Wh8Sg[/youtube]

I remember MEN headlines every summer between 1991 and probably now (!) that we were looking at Paul Stewart! I'm afraid 30-years of following City have tended, until recently that is, to keep me feeling a tad underwhelmed by our summer signings....

On topic, I do remember feeling excited at the prospect of Robbie Fowler signing... what a combo that would be with Anelka.... alas....

I was in the states, picked up some yank sports paper in the hope to see some city news and there was this tiny section with the headline, Kevin Keegan becomes citys new manager.
Could not believe I still had ten days holiday to go and there was only the mrs to talk to.

I always get excited. As a kid and teenager I really believed we were always signing gamechangers.

Bernardo Corradi, Georgios Samaras, Ousmane Dabo, Antoine Sibierski, Elano (Fuck, I loved Elano) Jon Macken, any goalkeeper we ever signed, I could really be here all day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.