Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good move. Not surprised if he finds the Championship a more bruising league to play in. If he does go on loan it would be better to go to another premier league club. His style of play and stature will fit better in the top league.

Looks like a very exciting addition for City....

The Barca team that crushed the rags in the C/L final hardly had a big man there and from what I remember of the game, none of their corners and other set piece moves consisted of long or high balls. It was all about technique which is what the modern game is all about. And remember, some of our own more talented players of recent years were slight, eg Ali B, Berkovic, Kinky and SWP. A few pounds around his build won't kill him but the lack of skill and pace would.

The Barca team that crushed the rags in the C/L final hardly had a big man there and from what I remember of the game, none of their corners and other set piece moves consisted of long or high balls. It was all about technique which is what the modern game is all about. And remember, some of our own more talented players of recent years were slight, eg Ali B, Berkovic, Kinky and SWP. A few pounds around his build won't kill him but the lack of skill and pace would.

If he's a defender coming into the Premier League early, I can understand people worrying about it, but an attacker or a midfielder, there are 1000s who have begun their careers in top leagues,less physically developed than any of our current EDS team or Roberts, & done absolutely fine.

I really don't understand why people even mention it. They get knocked off the ball a few times, then the ones who are going to make it, learn quickly & cope, just as Sterling did when he was 3 stone of fuck all, & suddenly found himself playing for Liverpool. If they don't learn to cope, chances are it's because they haven't got it, not because they are too small.

There is no point comparing him to Buster Phillips. We could easily just do that with any young player we buy.

This guy's touch is pure class - I suspect that the only reason he hasn't played games is because he's lightweight and very small, which is not what you need if your in the bottom half of the Championship.

Get him in, get him in the gym, get him training with the first team, let him play cup games and EDS games. And we will see how he develops.

I genuinely believe that he has potential to be special, not just for us, but for England.

He plays similarly to a young Messi. Right sided left footer, low center of gravity, agility/acceleration based dribbling and he's scoring goals(at youth level).He's got good vision too. Kids got a lot of potential. Needs to add a few pounds mind as our possession football often requires holding players off whilst this kid looks like he's be knocked off the ball by a slightly higher than average gust of wind.

no thanks. would be a waste. we need him for english quota.
Now that would be a waste. Spend £10 million on him and then just don't use him. He isn't good enough for the first season so we may as well loan him back and let him get some game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.