Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot on here have probably watched barker more than I have but in the games I've watched especially against Chelsea he looked average in terms of pace and was out muscled in both legs. Roberts looks like he can trick his way past an opponent or dart past with a bit of pace. His finishing also looks impressive. Surely he's a decent option to have in our set up.
Barker looked completely shot physcially by that point in the season, so it's really not a good gauge of his actual physicality. He's spent the whole year getting bigger and stronger, learning to deal with the increased physicality of U21 football, while getting kicked all over the place and it just wore him down as he wasn't used to it. He's incredibly quick, that is not a problem at all and I'd expect next season he'll find it a lot easier to deal with the physcial side and won't get worn down as much, as he's now pretty much got to the level needed to deal with it. If he can continue his form from the first half of last season, over a whole season, then he'll be in the first team by the end of the year.

I'm sorry, but isn't Barker mainly a left midfielder/winger, and Roberts mainly a right midfielder/winger? Why can't we have both?

A lot on here have probably watched barker more than I have but in the games I've watched especially against Chelsea he looked average in terms of pace and was out muscled in both legs. Roberts looks like he can trick his way past an opponent or dart past with a bit of pace. His finishing also looks impressive. Surely he's a decent option to have in our set up.
Looks quick and powerful enough to me:

And this is against a team of genetically engineered monsters.

This was the 2nd leg:

BTW, I'm not comparing Roberts against Barker since they play on opposite wings. It's Nemane that's under threat if anyone.

Looks quick and powerful enough to me:

And this is against a team of genetically engineered monsters.

This was the 2nd leg:

BTW, I'm not comparing Roberts against Barker since they play on opposite wings. It's Nemane that's under threat if anyone.

It's amazing really that people can watch Barker do some of the stuff he does, & then come up with some of these criticisms afterwards. I mean, the kid he leaves behind in a sprint on one of those videos, is the same kid City fans were raving about how fast he is & is, & probably the fastest player on Chelsea's team, left for dead along with his mate, totally.

In the first vid, where Barker turns one kid, leaves the other for dead just by change of pace over about 5 yards then plays in an assist for the goal, imagine someone doing the same for City in the Premier League, then comments after the game criticising his contributuon, which plenty were at the time! 'Aguero was shit today, apart from when he turned one bloke, skinned the next & played in Dzeko, out of nothing' . Not good enough.

Put that on MOTD with Hazard, or even Sterling, doing the same & it will be shown all season.

And of course we will have both Roberts & Barker, & it looks like Sterling too.

I know we are in for the lad, is there any news on if we have agreed a fee or is it just speculation at the moment.

I know we are in for the lad, is there any news on if we have agreed a fee or is it just speculation at the moment.

It's speculation but it's strongly coming from media at the Fulham end, that this deal is happening & will be announced in the coming weeks. Nobody down there seems to think it won't happen, fans etc are just assuming it's done.

The last info I saw said they'd turned down a straight £5mill and we upped it to £5mill + £5mill add-ons. I suspect it's done and dusted but not announced yet.

Thanks for the update lads. I know he is a very good player but it seems a lot of money for a 18 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.