Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, looks like we're bringing in another homegrown player, one for the future, but with the possibility of making an impact sooner than later. Can't claim to know much about Patrick Roberts but, if £2m rising to £8m if he succeeds is accurate then it's a deal with almost no risk whatsoever.

The tech team at Villa just sent me this

20ru6ux.jpg

I have an idea.....how about we set up a web cam for blue moon outside the hospital .....we can all see the live stream then and we will all be ITK......lets donate :)

Looks a great prospect, but the signing does confuse me a little... Roberts plays on the right yeah? As does Sterling (I don't think we plan to use him on the left since we want De Bruyne, who plays there). But the age gap between Sterling and Roberts is just 2 years. That doesn't seem like a natural conveyor belt of talent to me. Raheem completely blocks Roberts' progression. Not sure we actually need a young player in this position. Welcome to City though if it's true and good luck to the lad, but I'm a little surprised by it.

I think that is because Roberts isn't meant to play for the next 3 years for us. He will be loaned out to other sides to get experience. By that time David Silva's talents could well be on the decline which means KDB would slot into the middle and Roberts on the Right and Sterling on the left. I think this is what we have in mind with Roberts.

Best young english talent after Sterling. Looking forward to see him in the lineup in two years time.

Looks a great prospect, but the signing does confuse me a little... Roberts plays on the right yeah? As does Sterling (I don't think we plan to use him on the left since we want De Bruyne, who plays there). But the age gap between Sterling and Roberts is just 2 years. That doesn't seem like a natural conveyor belt of talent to me. Raheem completely blocks Roberts' progression. Not sure we actually need a young player in this position. Welcome to City though if it's true and good luck to the lad, but I'm a little surprised by it.

We will operate with 6 attacking mids in a 4231 formation so assuming Roberts is fighting for a starting place in say 3 years I would assume silva, Nasri and Navas won't be here then leaving us with possibly Sterling(who plays in the left wing predominantly for England and also did for Liverpool) De Bruyne and Rony lopes add to that maybe Barker and Garcia if they progress as they they are expected too. The best thing about those 6 players is they can be flexible positionaly across the 3 behind a striker.

Roberts has IT. It's just making sure the coaches guide him towards his potential and find him the right loan move at the right time. I feel a year in the EDS, a year on loan and then into the first team is achievable.

Roberts is like Silva with pace and he knows where the net is. Currently hes the better player (compared to Barker) imo.

Roberts has IT. It's just making sure the coaches guide him towards his potential and find him the right loan move at the right time. I feel a year in the EDS, a year on loan and then into the first team is achievable.
What kind of IT? Is it something that Ric should be worried about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.