Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this photo of the most tweeted hospital doors in the history of the football internet has been posted on here

Looks a great prospect, but the signing does confuse me a little... Roberts plays on the right yeah? As does Sterling (I don't think we plan to use him on the left since we want De Bruyne, who plays there). But the age gap between Sterling and Roberts is just 2 years. That doesn't seem like a natural conveyor belt of talent to me. Raheem completely blocks Roberts' progression. Not sure we actually need a young player in this position. Welcome to City though if it's true and good luck to the lad, but I'm a little surprised by it.

I like this amount a lot more than the 10mil signing fee we were rumoured to be paying...

City Watch‏@City_Watch7m7 minutes ago
According to the Daily Mail, it will be £2m rising to £8m for Roberts. They say he is expected to spend the season playing for City EDS.

Not like the Daily Tory to not lump on the amount we are paying ....

cracking young player and hopefully if we sign Roberts we can bring out the best in the lad as i think he will be within the England full team setup sooner rather than later.

300k a week is an absurd amount to pay a teenager. Less said about the 50 million fee the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.