Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read it and I disagree with you.

The academy is there to produce first team players.

Those who don't make it maybe sold for a profit if good enough to continue in football.

That is a by product of the academy producing players not it's main purpose.
You can disagree all you want but you only have to look at what Chelsea have been doing as a pointer to what the outcome may be. The only way we are going to know for certain is if we go back and look at the figures in, lets say, 10 years time and look at the respective values of academy graduates sold as against thoe who have been successful in the first team on a sustained basis. Maybe we can come back than and see who was right and who was wrong.

I wouldn't say the youth system is mainly for profit making schemes at all, they wouldn't have them playing a structered type of football if it was. However I do believe they will keep boys on with the sole purpose of making some money on them as they see enough potential to do so. First team ambitions then profit making should be the order as the former will lead to the latter if it's successful.

City and Fulham have agreed a fee of £2million, rising to £8m with add-ons,

In the unlikely event that the fail have got those figures right that's bloody cheap.

Ambrose has been playing mainly as wide forward whenever ive watched the EDS.
Granted but that's because PV often plays players out of position to improve certain attributes. For example Maffeo has played CB before to improve his defensive game. Ambrose can play on the wing but is far more useful down the middle. Anyways, back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.