Patrick Roberts | Sold to Sunderland

Funny that City are being the bad guys again in the media when it comes to Roberts. The question should probably be how many successful careers our academy has created, albeit most for obvious reasons will not be with City.
The thing with Roberts is we bought him from Fulham where he was doing really well in their first team. Was he 17 or 18 at the time.

Kids who break through at that level will get snapped up at bigger clubs but then they are not going to be starting every week so they end up back in youth football. That puts a perspective on the celtic loans. He was doing ok then and wanted to keep that going. It cant be easy making these decisions and playing time has to be a big factor.

The thing with Roberts is we bought him from Fulham where he was doing really well in their first team. Was he 17 or 18 at the time.

Kids who break through at that level will get snapped up at bigger clubs but then they are not going to be starting every week so they end up back in youth football. That puts a perspective on the celtic loans. He was doing ok then and wanted to keep that going. It cant be easy making these decisions and playing time has to be a big factor.
I had to check but he had just 356 minutes spread over 17 games in the Championship (only 2 starts) and just 2 assists the season before we bought him. His Celtic loan was a definite step up, in playing time if nothing else. His injuries the following season didn't help him but he just didn't kick on as expected. He's 25 next month and has 6 months to prove himself otherwise I have no idea what level he's going to have to drop to.

I doubt many could do what Dyche has done on zero budget.

Nah, munching on some worms and growling at third rate players to put ‘proper’ tackles in.

Piece of piss.

The hardest thing would be living in fucking Burnley. Imagine that. You’d get lynched as a witch for having electricity in your house.

Nah, munching on some worms and growling at third rate players to put ‘proper’ tackles in.

Piece of piss.

The hardest thing would be living in fucking Burnley. Imagine that. You’d get lynched as a witch for having electricity in your house.
I doubt Burnley would have stayed up for so long without the worm muncher in charge.

Came off the bench at 66 minutes today when they were already 4-0 down to Bolton. Callum Doyle played the full match for Sunderland and Trafford played in goal for Bolton. Game ended up 6-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.