Patrick Roberts

I am not convinced but if the powers in charge think he is the right signing then I back their judgement.

The lad is dynamite and is going to be one of the best English players in the future, for me if he fulfils his potential he will be world class.

I don't understand the Iheanacho comparison because he is a striker/ number ten whilst Roberts is that player who you would probably play out wide but let him drift wherever he wants.

I wouldn't look too much into him not playing for Fulham much this season, he has only just turned 18 and is about 5 foot 5, a league like the Championship could destroy him if not used correctly.

I have followed him since watching him win the U17 Euro's with England last May and since he now plays with the U19's in which he plays on the right and our Brandon plays on the left.

I can see why we are interested and if we do purchase him then I can see a season long loan back at Fulham.

sam-caddick said:
The lad is dynamite and is going to be one of the best English players in the future, for me if he fulfils his potential he will be world class.

I don't understand the Iheanacho comparison because he is a striker/ number ten whilst Roberts is that player who you would probably play out wide but let him drift wherever he wants.

I wouldn't look too much into him not playing for Fulham much this season, he has only just turned 18 and is about 5 foot 5, a league like the Championship could destroy him if not used correctly.

I have followed him since watching him win the U17 Euro's with England last May and since he now plays with the U19's in which he plays on the right and our Brandon plays on the left.

I can see why we are interested and if we do purchase him then I can see a season long loan back at Fulham.
There's a comparison with Iheanacho because Iheanacho is the reincarnation of Pele, Maradona and Ronaldo on the pitch all rolled into one and we then obviously don't need to buy another young striker ever again.

City_Sean said:
Are we actually in for him then or is it just pure speculation.

There have been a few reports so I reckon we are in for him.

City will want to try and get the best young English talent before they go on and become established seniors with huge transfer fees being asked for them.

I can see us buying a few young English players and loaning them out for a few seasons or so.

Joe Gomez is another we have been linked with, he is a very exciting young defender.

he's one of the most talented young players in england. But if he doesn't get a proper chance here than there is no point in him coming here to sit on the bench or go in the eds team. Id say barker is just as good, so if we could get him and roberts on the wing that would be great.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
he's one of the most talented young players in england. But if he doesn't get a proper chance here than there is no point in him coming here to sit on the bench or go in the eds team. Id say barker is just as good, so if we could get him and roberts on the wing that would be great.

I think we will buy him and loan him back to Fulham.

I like Roberts a lot and if we are interested I wouldn't want to take the risk and not sign him now and see him getting branded about for 40m in a few years time when we could have had him for 10m now.

Yes 10m is a lot but it was only last year we bought a 14 year old Spanish lad in Brahim for around 3-4m I think.

Roberts is one of if not the most technically gifted attackers in the England youth ranks and if he does fulfil his potential he should go on and become some player.

When we've been hit with FFP why spunk £10-15m on Patrick Roberts, an 18 year old who isn't anywhere near ready for the first team. As much as he looks like he's gonna be a top player, I'd much rather give our very own Brandon Barker a chance, or somebody else from our fantastic youth setup.

Wouldn't you?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I believe he's already sitting on the bench or in the reserve team of a championship side, so if you think he should be in our first team squad, then I suggest you put down the pipe. He needs to prove he's got the mettle for the championship before anyone even considers him ready for the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.