Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the Real Madrid game but did catch the other pre-season games, i don't recall seeing him that much tbh.

Hoping he'll get a start tomorrow, i was looking forward that he would be part of our squad for the season but am now doubting he will and think he will go somewhere.

I can't see how City have messed him around by not agreeing to his demands. He went on the pre-season tour and was given the opportunity to prove himself like Foden and Diaz. Pep would have scrutinised him during training, over and above the game time b

Because when he was signed he was promised the earth.. no loan deal etc & would stay at the club. He was then loaned to Celtic for 18months. He's now returned to more promises of not being loaned & low & behold we're trying to send him out again. He asked the club if we had intensions of loaning him then could he stay at Celtic, City said he was in their plans! These same has happened to Deneya.

I think theres maybe a future for him here if he goes to Southampton for a year. If he's set on Celtic I'd pretty much write him off. Would be a wasted year.

He can be adored, start every game, win domestic cups each year & pick up a nice wage. He'll also (albeit never win) be in the CL each season... just because the thought of Scottish football doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it doesn't to Patrick. You also need to bare in mind, if Rogers left Celtic for a PL side down the line he'd more than likely try to sign the lad then too. So he's a great chance of a PL move in the future, but if not he's fallen in love with Celtic football club. The only people to blame for all this are City & how they've messed him around just like they did with Deneya (sp?).

All well and good that but Celtic can't afford him so Roberts should look else where

He can be adored, start every game, win domestic cups each year & pick up a nice wage. He'll also (albeit never win) be in the CL each season... just because the thought of Scottish football doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it doesn't to Patrick. You also need to bare in mind, if Rogers left Celtic for a PL side down the line he'd more than likely try to sign the lad then too. So he's a great chance of a PL move in the future, but if not he's fallen in love with Celtic football club. The only people to blame for all this are City & how they've messed him around just like they did with Deneya (sp?).
I understand those arguments. That's literally why I said at the end "Unless of course he wants to spend the rest of his career with Celtic". Not gonna judge him if he doesn't want to "make it big" like every other player. If he genuinely wants to play for Celtic, then fair enough. Although if he all wanted was to play for Celtic, he could have just moved there directly. Why even come to City?

If we believe Roberts has the potential to have a future here, we should be aiming to loan him to another PL side. Another year in Scotland would be a waste in my view.

The player wanting to go to Celtic rather than go to a PL team shows a lack of ambition or self belief in my opinion.

Let the lad go to Celtic,he done well in his time there but under no circumstances do we be held to ransom over any deal if Celtic are desperate to get him pay the fucking asking price simple as that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.