Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We loan players out: 'Go & prove yourself' they do. 'It was only Celtic, obviously not good enough in training'.

If we 'know' they are not good enough from training, let them go to a club who does want them, permanently.

Otherwise if they do well on loan, fucking play them.

Or give them a tougher challenge. I think we'll see a lot of this with kids moved through Breda and Girona as they get closer to our first team.

Eventually yes, we've got to make a decision but at this stage I think a premier league loan is far better for his development than a return to Celtic or spending a season playing a few minutes here, a few minutes there as a member of our squad.

I understand those arguments. That's literally why I said at the end "Unless of course he wants to spend the rest of his career with Celtic". Not gonna judge him if he doesn't want to "make it big" like every other player. If he genuinely wants to play for Celtic, then fair enough. Although if he all wanted was to play for Celtic, he could have just moved there directly. Why even come to City?

He came based on promises made, he actually wanted to stay at Fulham & develop there... Which in hindsight would of been the better option all round. If he had his way, he'd of gone to liverpool I'd guess with him coming from a very red & blue family. Plus the odd Man City fan thrown in of course.. ;-)

if true then we truly are a disgrace when handling youth, why do we lie to these young naive footballers and tell them they will be in our team then backstab them and fuck them off on loan.

Oh it is true & I fully agree with you, but I also see how the club want/wanted to buy the best young talent & have said what they can to lure them away. Mbappé as an example, I'd be doing a deal & letting him stay at Monaco to develop if I could.

In all honesty bar Roberts & Deneyer I can't recall any others who have had the same treatment so maybe it was the timing of both players joining or whoever was in charge at that point? Who knows, but the fact no recent purchases have expressed the same discontent suggests policies & practices may of developed. I also see his brother is now leaking info out to various media outlets.

Honestly hate how he wants to go back to a "comfortable situation", he's already shown what he can do in the SPL and theres no reason to want to play in a worse league with worse competition. Pep needs to convince him to stay or go to Nice/Southampton on a loan and NOT an inferior place.

He came based on promises made, he actually wanted to stay at Fulham & develop there... Which in hindsight would of been the better option all round. If he had his way, he'd of gone to liverpool I'd guess with him coming from a very red & blue family. Plus the odd Man City fan thrown in of course.. ;-)

Oh it is true & I fully agree with you, but I also see how the club want/wanted to buy the best young talent & have said what they can to lure them away. Mbappé as an example, I'd be doing a deal & letting him stay at Monaco to develop if I could.

In all honesty bar Roberts & Deneyer I can't recall any others who have had the same treatment so maybe it was the timing of both players joining or whoever was in charge at that point? Who knows, but the fact no recent purchases have expressed the same discontent suggests policies & practices may of developed. I also see his brother is now leaking info out to various media outlets.
Leaking what his disappointment at supposed promises not being made and wanting to return to Celtic?

Or give them a tougher challenge. I think we'll see a lot of this with kids moved through Breda and Girona as they get closer to our first team.

Eventually yes, we've got to make a decision but at this stage I think a premier league loan is far better for his development than a return to Celtic or spending a season playing a few minutes here, a few minutes there as a member of our squad.

And their benefit in signing for City is ?

Roberts has a simple choice - go to Southampton- improve and get good experience. Next years preseason (at City) could be a very different story OR go back to Celtic and be a star in a bang average league but fail to challenge yourself and probably not improve markedly. If I was Pep I'd push Roberts toward Soton but if he doesn't want to go then we should consider a permanent deal with Celtic because Roberts is probably a lost cause. I know we don't know all the ins and outs but his relationship with City doesn't look good.

Also seeing that the Daily Record is the only source to come out about Roberts since his agent supposedly met with Pep is a red flag to me. They have little to no credibility and could just be putting something out for clicks on a situation that could be shot dead in the water by Pep saying Roberts is staying in the meeting with the agent.

And their benefit in signing for City is ?
Ultimately, they get into the squad, playing a heap, earning shitloads and winning lots of trophies.

If not, they play a few years out on loan, at a higher and higher level each step. It's not the worst development for a young player even if they don't end up making it with us.

With Roberts I just don't think he would have benefited spending the last two years with us, playing the odd game here or there as opposed to getting serious minutes at Celtic.

I still don't think he's good enough to play more than a few minutes here and there for us. A premier league loan where he does play will be much better for his development.

After that if he can't break into the squad then it will be time for him to move on I think. I agree with a lot of what you say about our kids and opportunities. But in this case I think a year as a fringe squad member with us (and I think thats all he would be) would be as wasted as another year at Celtic.

Soneone like Foden that sort if role for a season will be great. But for Roberts I reckon he needs as much football at a high level as he can get.

Leaking what his disappointment at supposed promises not being made and wanting to return to Celtic?

Not a clue as not read any of what he's said... just noticed something on NewsNow as I was flicking through. I've been on here a lot longer than Patrick has been at city lol.

Inferior mentality if he really wants to go back to Celtic, the easier option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.