Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 5mil plus 6 mil worth of add ons, we have made money here no way has he done enough to trigger all the clauses. I would imagine most is based on his individual performances and growing importance in the squad such as games played for us goals scored. No way will it be a guaranteed 6 mil over so many years we have no need to spread out payments and the fee would have been reported as a flat 11mil paid over so many years.

Complete overreactions about losing a mil or two on this one IMO. How much have we gained on Leroy, Raz, and GJ? There’s at least 250m and we spent what 115ish? What’s KDB worth? 175m?

Agree completely, plus I'm sure we got something out of Celtic for the years he was there.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with our business practices, we are making money from players who clearly aren't to the standard of taking up a valuable squad spot. We win the league by such a margin, because we really no longer have any weak links.

Complete overreactions about losing a mil or two on this one IMO. How much have we gained on Leroy, Raz, and GJ? There’s at least 250m and we spent what 115ish? What’s KDB worth? 175m?
We haven't gained anything on Sane, Raz, GJ or KDB because we are not selling them players, yes they've improved greatly this season but that's a different argument. I agree with a lot of the other posters on here, in that we should be getting 15m+ for Roberts, and we should not be selling Zinchenko. Pep spoke highly of him the times he filled in at left back last season.

We haven't gained anything on Sane, Raz, GJ or KDB because we are not selling them players, yes they've improved greatly this season but that's a different argument. I agree with a lot of the other posters on here, in that we should be getting 15m+ for Roberts, and we should not be selling Zinchenko. Pep spoke highly of him the times he filled in at left back last season.

Of course we aren’t selling them but their valuations factor into the total valueation of our club. Why do you think that keeps going up year after year? Our assets become more and more valuable.

We can’t win every deal and Roberts has been a hassle from the get go. If we have to take a small loss here to get our most important target over the line then it’s a no brainer. As far as Zinchenko goes the young man has earned the right to effectively go where he wants as long as the valuation is relatively close to what we believe it to be at and it appears that’s what we’re doing...leaving the choice to him. That’s part of the appeal of the CFG. We take care of our players as best we can.

FYI. Forbes valuation.

• £1,835 M
  • As of June 2018
  • 1-Year Value Change
  • 19%

So we buy him for 12m, loan him for few years and then sell him for 10m !

I hope we loan him to PL club this time ( I know he preferred Celtic last time) but I am sure his value will be more than 10m if he play 1 season in the PL.
If you could be arsed to read a few post back, it's been explained that the 12M you're quoting is wrong.

**The loss I’m referring to is in value btw because I also think he’s worth more than £10m.

Who’s to say we didn’t let them win the paper wars? Effectively it’s a swap + cash so who knows what we really rate Mahrez at. If it’s 75m and we pay 60 plus Roberts then we’re effectively selling him for 15 and not 10.

£5m up front with a further £6m in add-ons. Unclear what the conditions for the add-ons were
Lets hope there wasn't a meaningless games in Scotland clause, because if their was we are fucked!
In all seriousness though I think it's a good move for everyone after last summer and his move back to Celtic it was clear that he didn't want to step his game up, which is fine at the end of the day it's his career, but for City that's an issue

Of course we aren’t selling them but their valuations factor into the total valueation of our club. Why do you think that keeps going up year after year? Our assets become more and more valuable.

We can’t win every deal and Roberts has been a hassle from the get go. If we have to take a small loss here to get our most important target over the line then it’s a no brainer. As far as Zinchenko goes the young man has earned the right to effectively go where he wants as long as the valuation is relatively close to what we believe it to be at and it appears that’s what we’re doing...leaving the choice to him. That’s part of the appeal of the CFG. We take care of our players as best we can.

FYI. Forbes valuation.

• £1,835 M
  • As of June 2018
  • 1-Year Value Change
  • 19%
Look bringing Forbes into this is a futile argument, your viewing it too far down the line. You think losing £2/3m on a player is fine because we have made money through our transfer dealings and improvements in KDB, Sane, Raz etc, well do you think if Roberts stayed at City till January, played the odd cup game and showcased his skills, and improvement under Pep, we wouldn't have clubs queing up to pay £15 or 20m for this lad, because I do, and that is the better business.

You think Roberts is good enough for us this coming season?

Not at all, but I'd like to see some youth progression. Some getting a decent amount of minutes, it's all we're missing really from this fabled Barcelona system promoted by the men upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.