Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look bringing Forbes into this is a futile argument, your viewing it too far down the line. You think losing £2/3m on a player is fine because we have made money through our transfer dealings and improvements in KDB, Sane, Raz etc, well do you think if Roberts stayed at City till January, played the odd cup game and showcased his skills, and improvement under Pep, we wouldn't have clubs queing up to pay £15 or 20m for this lad, because I do, and that is the better business.

Our discussion is futile too but this is the forum for having fun and playing at these things and having these discussions. I’m all about value, believe me. I’m just trained to look at value from many angles. I don’t think losing 2/3m is fine at all but there are exceptions and situations where you have to take the worst of it no matter what. See Walker. We took the worst of it financially from a financial transfer POV but revamping our fullbacks was vital. I think getting another attacker in here is similar. If it takes getting hit for 2-5m then in this situation you do it. That’s why you nickel and dime with the Mooys and Kayodes so you can take the worst of it when it really matters in tough situations (within reason of course, such as this).

Our discussion is futile too but this is the forum for having fun and playing at these things and having these discussions. I’m all about value, believe me. I’m just trained to look at value from many angles. I don’t think losing 2/3m is fine at all but there are exceptions and situations where you have to take the worst of it no matter what. See Walker. We took the worst of it financially from a financial transfer POV but revamping our fullbacks was vital. I think getting another attacker in here is similar. If it takes getting hit for 2-5m then in this situation you do it. That’s why you nickel and dime with the Mooys and Kayodes so you can take the worst of it when it really matters in tough situations (within reason of course, such as this).
We agree to disagree have a good day blue ;)

It's strange how these loan deals etc are being operated & indeed what the criteria is, for the academy kids & the young players we sign, to get into a genuine 'first team' position.

It appears that there is very little plan to give any of them any opportunity at all, to improve themselves by first team football, rather they have to impress immediately, outside the first team, then their future is decided & that's that, they are on the way out, even if they don't know it yet. Only 1 or 2 are even considered even worth looking at, as with Foden & Diaz. I don't think there was ever any intention of Pat Roberts coming back as a first teamer.

Zinchenko is a red herring, in that he was actually used in the more traditional manner, where a player actually gets to play a bit & try to take his chance. But it was purely because we had a problem area & he filled it. It appears there is no real intention of 'testing' any of these kids at first team level before deciding.

I'm wondering if the American kid we signed, who has gone to NAC, has been 'assessed' already & is effectively already pretty much an 'ex' City player & that if he wasn't, he would be asked to stay with the first team like Foden.

It will be interesting to see what the situation is with the kid from PSG & the Dutch lad. If they stay around, it might mean they are being 'fast tracked'.

£5m up front with a further £6m in add-ons. Unclear what the conditions for the add-ons were

Given how his career has panned out so far I'd hazard a guess that not much of the add-ons were ever paid.

So we buy him for 12m, loan him for few years and then sell him for 10m !

As we probably only paid £5m does this deal now pass muster with yourself?

FFS we haven’t paid £12m for Roberts!!! In what way would the add ons have been paid???

People are forgetting that we're only getting 10 million because he's going to Leicester.

Now we get to sign Mahrez for 60 million.

So it's 50 million plus Roberts for Mahrez, which is a great deal.

I’m sure we made a profit on Roberts in that we most likely didn’t have to pay bonuses and Celtic would have paid a loan fee for the two seasons. I’m sure @Prestwich_Blue will demonstrate how in accounting terms we made a profit and effectively reduced Mahrez fee by £10M whilst only spending cica £5M to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.