Patrick Vieira.

MCFC BOB

Fred's Patio on me: "Mr. Self Appointed Lord of Wh
If something were to happen, that meant Roberto Mancini could no longer manage Manchester City (sacked, resigns, family commitmens), would you be happy if Patrick Vieira took the manager's role?

Bearing in mind he's now Football Development Executive at City and training with the EDS to develop their potential.

As I understood it (and this could be COMPLETE NONSENSE) when he was signed as a player it was with a view to retiring into a job where he could learn management and then start a career as a manager - not sure if that was to be at City or not though.

wareing117 said:

This.

Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti and many others are the names we would be looking at if Mancini went. Vieira has no proven Managerial experience.

Wouldn't want him, wouldn't want Mou either after his ridiculous performances against Barca. He has thoroughly discredited himself and doesn't bring the ethos with him that suits us.

peoffrey said:
wareing117 said:

This.

Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti and many others are the names we would be looking at if Mancini went. Vieira has no proven Managerial experience.

Guardiola had no managerial experience either.

I have no idea, as does anyone on this forum, if Vieira has what it takes to be a manager. He could be shit, he could be a genius. If the board felt that he had the credentials then I have no qualms with him taking over.

Project said:

I have no idea, as does anyone on this forum, if Vieira has what it takes to be a manager. He could be shit, he could be a genius. If the board felt that he had the credentials then I have no qualms with him taking over.

Guardiola was first coach of Barca B before getting the top job. I appreciate your point but you take calculated risks in football and it's far more likely that someone who has done things in the game as a Manager will repeat the success as opposed to someone who hasn't.

If Guardiola was available now without the history of what he's achieved at Barca then you wouldn't want him.

peoffrey said:
Project said:

Guardiola was first coach of Barca B before getting the top job. I appreciate your point but you take calculated risks in football and it's far more likely that someone who has done things in the game as a Manager will repeat the success as opposed to someone who hasn't.

If Guardiola was available now without the history of what he's achieved at Barca then you wouldn't want him.

To be fair with the team Guardiola has i could of won what he has

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.