Patrick Vieira.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
peoffrey said:
Project said:
Guardiola had no managerial experience either.

I have no idea, as does anyone on this forum, if Vieira has what it takes to be a manager. He could be shit, he could be a genius. If the board felt that he had the credentials then I have no qualms with him taking over.

Guardiola was first coach of Barca B before getting the top job. I appreciate your point but you take calculated risks in football and it's far more likely that someone who has done things in the game as a Manager will repeat the success as opposed to someone who hasn't.

If Guardiola was available now without the history of what he's achieved at Barca then you wouldn't want him.

To be fair with the team Guardiola has i could of won what he has
Ok but Barcelona finish 3rd with Rijkaard the previous season does this make you better than Rijkaard you know more football than Rijkaard?

MJMRuiz said:
No. José Mourinho is the man who needs to manage Man City after Mancini.

no no and no again! this man would turn a side which is starting to show real attacking flair into a big, strong workmanlike side grinding out 1 nil wins week after week.

peoffrey said:
wareing117 said:

This.

Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancelotti and many others are the names we would be looking at if Mancini went. Vieira has no proven Managerial experience.

And what managerial experience did Pep Guardiola have before he took over at Barcelona? Did he not win something like FOUR trophies in his FIRST season?

MJMRuiz said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
peoffrey said:
Guardiola was first coach of Barca B before getting the top job. I appreciate your point but you take calculated risks in football and it's far more likely that someone who has done things in the game as a Manager will repeat the success as opposed to someone who hasn't.

If Guardiola was available now without the history of what he's achieved at Barca then you wouldn't want him.

Ok but Barcelona finish 3rd with Rijkaard the previous season does this make you better than Rijkaard you know more football than Rijkaard?

Rijkaard had quite obviously given up to the point were he was almost trying to lose so he could get his pay off. On top of that he was still trying to fit all the big names in rather than play the people that suited the system
Rijkaard is a decent manager obviously i will never be better lol but you have to look into the context of that season rather than just there league placing<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:17 pm --<br /><br />
peoffrey said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

No you couldn't. If this was true then you'd be managing a team now.

Anyone know what Guardiola's plan B in a game is. No one knows because there isnt one. Pace and move tap tap football is fucking easy when you have 5 of the best passing, skilful players in the world. When a team disrupts that pattern there is no plan B, no escape route. He looks brilliant as it does work but put him in another team (which i dont think will ever happen) and then judge him on his managerial skills

Played for Hibs on sunday!

viera.jpg

paddyandpires.jpg

arsenal3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.