Pau Torres

Who?

There is a chance by next summer we could lose Laporte ( if he still wants to go back to Spain) and Ake, who will probably leave because of lack of game time.

IF we lose Ake, I agree his spot could be taken up from the academy but if Laporte leaves, we have to replace with a high quality CB.
A lot can change in 12 months but THB is looking very capable,and Doyle is something of a prodigy/phenomenon,Mbete will also be far more capable.Then we have Sandler ensuring his fitness stands up to scrutiny out on loan.

Its doubtful we lose both Ake and Laporte,so id be thinking about the above as a solution otherwise that new high quality centre back you suggest will only want the same playing time as Laporte wants and is potentially leaving to gain.

A lot can change in 12 months but THB is looking very capable,and Doyle is something of a prodigy/phenomenon,Mbete will also be far more capable.Then we have Sandler ensuring his fitness stands up to scrutiny out on loan.

Its doubtful we lose both Ake and Laporte,so id be thinking about the above as a solution otherwise that new high quality centre back you suggest will only want the same playing time as Laporte wants and is potentially leaving to gain.
Doyle is nowhere near our level sadly, Sandler is out of contract and highly unlikely to get a renewal.

Mbete looks class and maybe has a chance of the 4th spot.

Doyle is nowhere near our level sadly, Sandler is out of contract and highly unlikely to get a renewal.

Mbete looks class and maybe has a chance of the 4th spot.

You havent watched Doyle have you?

I suspect he's not even talking about the right Doyle.

Given Callum has never played for the first team and is the best CB in League 1 at 17 I dont know how anyone could say he is or is not up to standard yet.

I suspect he's not even talking about the right Doyle.

Given Callum has never played for the first team and is the best CB in League 1 at 17 I dont know how anyone could say he is or is not up to standard yet.
I was talking about Tommy.

If Laporte is still adamant about leaving come season end, Torres will be decent, good passer (we lose alot of buildup without Laporte or Stones in one of the CB slots). Bastoni at Inter also a decent shout for LCB, but dont think they'd let him go (depending on the financial mess they are in)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.