Paul Dickov

great old said:
Hope we dont get latics at boundary park. Shit ground and f**kin freezing at the best of times. Not always been a happy hunting ground either in the cup.

-- Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm --

Hope we dont get latics at boundary park. Shit ground and f**kin freezing at the best of times. Not always been a happy hunting ground either in the cup.
I've always had a good time getting there and back missed the last meeting
Cos of good old rattler tickets I've played there myself when they had a plastic astro
Pitch we won 3-1 happy days

We're not really here said:
Vienna_70 said:
Corky said:
I think Terry Cooke was the main reason we went up that year.

NO!

That would be Andy Morrison!

Spot on! Morrison dragged us up almost single handed.

I think your both right. Morrison was inspirational but it may have been coincidence but when Cooke signed it started us on the run that ended with Weaver's save at Wembley.

Chuffed to bits for Dickov today.

One of the pundits said Oldham played like 11 Dickovs in terms of effort and workrate. How true.

Shaelumstash said:
citymad said:
I can't thank him enough. He is arguably the reason why were so successful today. Just finished watching Leeds and can't help think that could be us today, a languishing, sleepinv giant trying to get back on the big stage. Sounds a bit dramatic but that goal changed our lives. Hope he gets his victory against the scousers today.
What a complete load of bollocks.

He was one of the main reasons why we were as bad and worse than Leeds are now! He was in the side that got relegated from the second division in to the third remember. He scored 5 league goals and played the vast majority of the season. He was a lot worse than where Leeds are now.

Lovely guy and scored an important goal, but I wish he's scored a few more important goals instead of averaging 6 league goals a season for us in the lower leagues.

Think you missed the OP's point really. IE THAT goal - not the reasons we were relegated in the first place. (which wasn't all Dickovs fault)

Horlock needs a mention too though.

Harsh timing, but with his coaching staff on Gardening leave and Oldham in relegation trouble then it is inevitable sacking.

Vienna_70 said:
It was great to see Lee Croft doing well, too.

I remember thinking he was going to be a star..... played all levels of International youth football iirc.

Carved out a decent career though so fair play.

Not sure about Dicky claiming it was his greatest footballing moment- i can think of another!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.