Paul Dickov

uwerosler28 said:
is viewed as a legend by blues but the penalty he scored for Leicester could easily have sent us down that year did he do a Dennis law ? no he goes mental and jumps into their fans celebrating anyone who had genuine feelings for us would not react like that ! tosser !

kissing his badge too...

uwerosler28 said:
is viewed as a legend by blues but the penalty he scored for Leicester could easily have sent us down that year did he do a Dennis law ? no he goes mental and jumps into their fans celebrating anyone who had genuine feelings for us would not react like that ! tosser !
Fuck off. His kids are city fans and he openly admits to shedding a tear when we won the league.

shevtheblue said:
uwerosler28 said:
Fuck off. His kids are city fans and he openly admits to shedding a tear when we won the league.

he did do it though

mancityvstoke said:
uwerosler28 said:

kissing his badge too...

My kid Brother sold him an Audi, he told him there isn't a day goes by without a City fan reminding him of his Goal against Gillingham and even though he has to listen to it and go through it all again he loves it.

No problem with this Leicester penalty, they were paying his wages at the time and I hope he isn't sacked in the morning.

ifiwasarichfan said:
mancityvstoke said:
uwerosler28 said:

kissing his badge too...

My kid Brother sold him an Audi, he told him there isn't a day goes by without a City fan reminding him of his Goal against Gillingham and even though he has to listen to it and go through it all again he loves it.

No problem with this Leicester penalty, they were paying his wages at the time and I hope he isn't sacked in the morning.

I hope he doesnt get sacked either and will always respect him for that goal.

I agree with the other poster though that his celebration with Leicester left a bitter taste on the day.

Dickov was immense, not the classiest player but a right royal pest for the opposition. Knew he'd score against us when he came back for Leicester. Disappointed with his celebration for them but on balance I still feel glad he played for us when he did given where we were in football terms. One of those players whose overall contribution makes him a "great" (Zabaleta will be a similar legend)

mancityvstoke said:
shevtheblue said:
uwerosler28 said:

he did do it though

Exactly, I was in the end when he scored that goal he was kissing his Leicester badge and showing it to the crowd. I understand that they were paying his wages but many players have scored against former clubs and not celebrated out of respect.

Don't get me wrong I salute him for what he did for us but at the end of the day it was simply his job to do that and that's where it ends. Many thanks to both him and Horlock though for a magnificent day and all that followed!

They will be forever legends along with the latest crop of Blues.

On a separate matter Oldham would be mad to sack him.

PaleBlue said:
Dickov was immense, not the classiest player but a right royal pest for the opposition.
Lets be honest, without his goal (and Horlocks) we might be still there (or in fact nowhere at all), but as players go, he was pretty shite, as was Sir Goat, but when our history is brought up, these players, including Cooke and Morrison, and lets not forget Joe Royle, will be club legends, just like Bell, Lee, and Summerbee, and from further back Trautman, Paul, and even Revie and Law.

This is what gives our club a rich history that we should be forever proud of. Despite some of our legends not actually being great footballers, they are a great part of the history of our club.

cleavers said:
PaleBlue said:
Dickov was immense, not the classiest player but a right royal pest for the opposition.
Lets be honest, without his goal (and Horlocks) we might be still there (or in fact nowhere at all), but as players go, he was pretty shite, as was Sir Goat, but when our history is brought up, these players, including Cooke and Morrison, and lets not forget Joe Royle, will be club legends, just like Bell, Lee, and Summerbee, and from further back Trautman, Paul, and even Revie and Law.

This is what gives our club a rich history that we should be forever proud of. Despite some of our legends not actually being great footballers, they are a great part of the history of our club.

Couldn't agree more. They are all the threads which make up the rich tapestry that is the history of Manchester City.

mancityvstoke said:
uwerosler28 said:

kissing his badge too...

Dickov's dad had just died and was his first game back.

Was getting stick from some so-called City fans and decided to take exception to him playing like a man possessed.

City to the core.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.