Paul Lake leaves Manchester City

All the best to Lakey. I'll never forget the wild celebrations in the NE corner stand for Dzeko's equaliser against QPR with Lakey.

All the best to Lakey. I'll never forget the wild celebrations in the NE corner stand for Dzeko's equaliser against QPR with Lakey.

Every time anybody asks me 'are there any former City players who would get in the team these days' my automatic answer is 'Yes, Paul Lake'.

He might be employed by the FA rather than MCFC in the future (good luck to him if it's a case of onwards and upwards) but Paul Lake will never leave Manchester City.

e5poax.jpg

I'm sad about this ... I've met Paul - as many on here have - he's a really nice guy, and City through-and-through.

Great ambassador for the club too - I'm sure he presented a great image for City - polite and gentle, but fervently pro-City and with his own opinions.

He also seemed very much the "main man" when around other City "legends" - nudging them in the right direction, keeping the conversation flowing, etc.

Also hosted "Blue Tuesday" on GMR, of course.

I'm sure he'll be sorely missed ... sad day for the club to "lose" him, I'm afraid.

Sincerely hope that Txiki and/or Ferran had nothing to do with this, but I trust they wouldn't be daft enough to think they could do better than Paul. Just hoping the club don't lose too many of their ex-staff ... it seems to be all-change at the moment, but we need to be careful not to lose too many of the people who have been at City through the bad times, and love the club for what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.