Paul Lake leaves Manchester City

Old enough to have seen him play and,had the pleasure of meeting him on several occasions. Top bloke and wish him all the best for the future.

If Brian Clough was lauded as the best England manager we never had, then surely, Paul Lake was the best England captain we never had!

A true living legend and fine ambassador for City, in fact having met him three times, you couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy and true gent.

Of all our former academy players, I would say that Lakey was THE BEST.
Such a shame his career was cruelly cut short, I must admit I actually shed a tear.

Good luck in everything you do Lakey, was a privilege to see you play.

An articulate man, I always felt he could have had a productive role in the media acting as a pundit for City games, as there is currently a severe deficit of ex-players, well disposed towards the club, who can articulate themselves as well as Lakey.

I wish him all the best in his new role.

I, like many blues of my vintage, will never forget his imperious performance in the 5-1. Much of what followed was a story of unfulfilled ambition, but his talent is the memory that lingers. The dignified way he has dealt with the many difficulties that life has thrown his way are nothing but a credit to him.

Once a blue, always a blue.

Good luck with the new role Paul.

My hero. My wife's footballer of choice. Say's a lot that the only ex-player she would walk to the local to see is Paul Lake. You can barely see me on the picture we had took!!

Good luck in your future job served our club with distinction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.