Paul Lake - part 2 of interview P6

Can I be a little pedantic and clarify on one thing Lakey said......?
He said all seven of the youth team players who featured for the first team played in one 1st team game at Sheffield United.....
The seven were Andy Hinchcliffe, Ian Brightwell, Steve Redmond, Ian Scott, Paul Moulden, David White and Paul Lake.
They all appeared on the same team sheet 4 times - but only at one game were they all on the pitch at the same time....
Blackpool away FA Cup January 88, Brightwell and Scott were subs (Scott unused)
Sheffield United away March 88, Moulden on the bench (replacing Lakey)
Leeds away September 88, Scott was unused sub
Brighton away April 89 - all seven started

Last edited:
Can I be a little pedantic and clarify on one thing Lakey said......?
He said all seven of the youth team players who featured for the first team played in one 1st team game at Sheffield United.....
The seven were Andy Hinchcliffe, Ian Brightwell, Steve Redmond, Ian Scott, Paul Moulden, David White and Paul Lake.
They all appeared on the same team sheet 4 times - but only at one game were they all on the pitch at the same time....
Blackpool away FA Cup January 88, Brightwell and Scott were subs (Scott unused)
Sheffield United away March 88, Moulden on the bench (replacing Lakey)
Leeds away September 88, Scott was unused sub
Brighton away April 89 - all seven started
That should be in a book ;-)

Very good part 2 Mark.
Was wondering if his injury would have been skirted around but he was comfortable talking about the Villa and Boro games which I thought may have been off topic.

One slight correction if I may - he said he was the last of the youth team players to make the first team.... he was the 5th of the 7.
Moulden and Redmond played in the 85/86 season, Brightwell, White and Lake 86/87 season (Lakey's debut was Feb 87 away at Wimbledon)
Hinchcliffe and Scott made their debuts first game of 87/88 season at home to Plymouth in August 87.

Really enjoyed both videos - keep them coming!

Very good part 2 Mark.
Was wondering if his injury would have been skirted around but he was comfortable talking about the Villa and Boro games which I thought may have been off topic.

One slight correction if I may - he said he was the last of the youth team players to make the first team.... he was the 5th of the 7.
Moulden and Redmond played in the 85/86 season, Brightwell, White and Lake 86/87 season (Lakey's debut was Feb 87 away at Wimbledon)
Hinchcliffe and Scott made their debuts first game of 87/88 season at home to Plymouth in August 87.

Really enjoyed both videos - keep them coming!

Thanks mate and I didn't really want to push Paul or even go into any details regarding the injury as I'm sure he gets asked plenty, but he was very open and comfortable with it and is as classy off the pitch as he was on it.

Thanks mate and I didn't really want to push Paul or even go into any details regarding the injury as I'm sure he gets asked plenty, but he was very open and comfortable with it and is as classy off the pitch as he was on it.
Hopefully back in 6 weeks...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.