Paul Marshall

johnny on the spot

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8403976.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 403976.stm</a>

Marshall hopes for Aberdeen deal
By Liam McLeod

Manchester City midfielder Paul Marshall would rather earn a move to Aberdeen than sit in the English Premier League side's reserve team.

The 19-year-old left-side player arrived for a trial with Mark McGhee's side on Monday.

"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending," said Marshall.

McGhee is hopeful of an initial loan move and a permanent deal next summer.

"I watched him playing for Manchester City reserves and I liked him," the Dons manager told the Scottish Premier League club's website.

Marshall, who has been on City's books since the age of 11, has had loan spells with Port Vale and Blackpool.

He only made two appearances for Championship outfit Blackpool but went on to play 13 times for Port Vale in League Two.

The midfielder, who had his first training session under McGhee on Tuesday, is a former England youth team-mate of Aberdeen forward Sone Aluko, who has since switched allegiance to Nigeria.

Marshall's England Under-20 team-mate, Javan Vidal, spent the second half of last season on loan to the Dons from big-spending Premier League outfit City.

True but rather worrying noises from one of our talented youngsters here. Anyone seen the YouTube vids showing Marshall pinging some impressive balls about?

"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending"

It's only impossible if you're not good enough. It may be harder, but not impossible as Weiss is proving

Sorry to have to say it ,Marshall is a decent player but not a premiership player never mind a City first team player.

simmers said:
"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending"

It's only impossible if you're not good enough. It may be harder, but not impossible as Weiss is proving

Exactly. The bar has been raised. If the money hadn't come in, we may well have now been sitting in the bottom half of the table season after season with Ishmael Miller, Lee Croft, etc etc in our side. These would all be ok players for a squad of that standard but we'd never have the success we now have a chance of getting.
I think some people look at the impact Richards made when he first got into the squad, or Rooney at Everton, Fabregas at Arsenal etc. and think that if you're not that good at that age, then you're not going to make it. Patience and hard work required.

Manchester City midfielder Paul Marshall would rather earn a move to Aberdeen than sit in the English Premier League side's reserve team.

This line reeks of unprofessionalism. Surely it should read:
'Manchester City midfielder Paul Marshall would like to earn a move to Aberdeen becuase of lack of first team football'

Sorry but it's not impossible he's just not proving to be upto standard. If he couldn't make an impression at blackpool he's not going to make it for City. It's simple really, not being harsh but we've stepped up a level this season, the kids have to do the same if they want to break through. Weiss is proving it's possible if the talent is there.

They had Vidal last season, my dads a massive Aberdeen fan. So, i was dragged along, Vidal looked pish from what i could see. The spl isn't THAT easy and i doubt this lad would break into Aberdeens team.

Marshall has a sweet left foot and can certainly pass a ball well - whether the remainder of his game is up to Prem standards is questionable, although his progress was hampered by a lengthy injury lay-off. Good luck to him if he earns a contract at Aberdeen, I disagree with his comments though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.