Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talent is only one ingredient in a player's makeup. Running and work rate are two others and I think they actually allow us to appreciate a player's talent and Pogba leaves a lot to be desired in both. I think his concentration is very questionable too, especially when his team don't have the ball and his positional sense suffers badly as a result. Pogba is a player who will give his team some memorable moments but I have never seen him dominate a game or take it by the scruff of the neck in the way that several City players can and do. In this he is one of several players at United and so the team can put in apparently impressive performances, usually against poor opposition, but fall short against better opposition (like Aston Villa!). For France he has some excellent players who compensate, on the whole, for his frailties. In 2018 I don't think France were clearly the best side in the tournament but they peaked at the right time due to some very fine performances by individual players (of which Giroud was one, but the idea that Pogba was in any way the player of the tournament is to my mind extremely fanciful.

Where will he end up? Certainly not City! City had decided not to pursue him before Pep arrived, and then Pep bought Gundo and announced he was interested in no other midfielders at that time? Real? They ended their interest at about the same time as City.

I'll be gutted if we miss out on Pogba, he leaves me full of hope, that the youth of this country is not yet lost. I also find his blue rinse inspiring.Come on txixi, tweedy or whatever your names is...Get this ruddy deal done!!!

Top player but poor, lazy attitude, you have to build a team around him, like his time with Juve.

Far too high maintenance.
Sorry to argue the semantics but there’s a difference between wanting to build a team around a player and having to.

He’s not a top player if you “have” to. And no great player has a poor, lazy attitude by definition.

Maybe he could have been a top player. But he’s not one. He’s a bust. Period.

The guy is a myth. His legacy in the English game will be that of a flop. Likely a cancer in the dressing room as well.

Gutted he will be leaving United...

I'll be gutted if we miss out on Pogba, he leaves me full of hope, that the youth of this country is not yet lost. I also find his blue rinse inspiring.Come on txixi, tweedy or whatever your names is...Get this ruddy deal done!!!
Excellent. Reminiscent of the SOO campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.