Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can go there then?

I'm not sure if I've missed the parts of the reports where we were desperately trying to convince him to join.
That’s what I’m saying. He won’t end up here because it is a bad move for him.

I also think it’d be a bad move for us too.

A transfer to Madrid/PSG makes far more sense all round.

For those questioning his character, just think he's probably got similar offers on the table from City and PSG. How easy would it be to go to PSG. He's a French World Cup winner. He can be far away from United whose fans slag him off at every turn now. He will always be able to start no matter what type of work rate he put in.

If he chose City he'd be living amongst all the United fans who hate him anyway, but even more intensely now. He'd have to continue dealing with English media who pick on him relentlessly and he'd be working under a manager who simply won't tolerate him if he didn't put the hard yards in.

If he's picking City, he's not just going to treat us like some holiday camp as he could have that with a click of the fingers at PSG. It's a more difficult decision him choosing us than us choosing him imo.

Said that in a previous post. If he chooses here then he will already know what the reaction would be and it will certainly show some balls to know what will happen and still have the nuts to back himself anyway?!

That’s what I’m saying. He won’t end up here because it is a bad move for him.

I also think it’d be a bad move for us too.

A transfer to Madrid/PSG makes far more sense all round.

I guess we'll see. I've seen people mention him wanting to keep his kids in Manchester and him looking for a new house here.

Maybe his priorities aren't what people have been claiming?

I don't know, like I said in another comment, it's low risk. But I do get why people against it. I've probably got posts on this thread from less than a week ago with me kicking and screaming saying he can fuck right off.

Kev certainly can't play anywhere near as much next year onwards hes been hacked around the pitch for 2 years running

Add all these stupid National games Inc the Winter World Cup, domestic cups & Chumps league having a player of Pogba stature & ability is a no brainer

There have been many times this season inc myself where we have said Kev should be left out, Rodri is running on empty its a tough season & the cnts running this league don't give a fuck unless you play in Red

If City rock up in August with teams like below who are we to say that's a fucking joke????

Eddy
Walker Zinchenko
Stones Dias
Rodri
Kev Berny
Phil Jack
Haaland

Eddy
Cancelo Ake
Dias Laporte
FDG
Phil Pogba
Mahrez Alvarez
Jesus

Steffen
Walker Cancelo
Stones Laporte
Pogba
Berny Gundagun
Palmer Alvarez
Haaland

Add a new LB in that mix & Bellingham next year we are fixed for the next 5 years

Just depends who leaves???

Intresting to see players body language today

So a fringe rotation player is what you’re saying.

Bet that is an easy sell to him when he can likely go to Madrid or PSG and play each week.
Fernandinho was coming to the end of his career & becoming less effective for us. Rodri has suffered for this by being overplayed.

Gundog is also in the last year of his contract & has made noises about his lack of playing time. I've heard of no discussions of a contract extension & there's been a bit of chatter about an emotional return to Dortmund. Perhaps a cash plus player deal for Haaland?

If Pep is serious about Pogba & he were to arrive here, he arrives as one of 20 first team squad players. He wouldn't be a bench warmer, but competition/cover for Rodri, plus adaptable enough to play further forward in our midfield.

He's homegrown, talented, 29, free, wouldn't need a removal van & would be playing for a CL team with a better manager, squad & a more stable club set up. ManUre got spanked 0-4 without him yesterday, so I just don't get why everyone thinks their current plight is all Pogba's fault? Their form is patchy with or without him, but I think they're far better with him playing. Personally I'd prefer to face a Pogba-less ManUre than a ManUre with him.

Pogba arrived for a world record fee & I feel the ManUre fans' disappointment with him is for the money, they believed Pogba alone could drag them to success. He hasn't/can't, but neither has any other Rag player been able to since 2016.

Pogba lives locally & will be all too aware the ramifications of moving to City. If he's up for proving himself & Pep believes he can significantly add to our squad; a free transfer for a clearly talented player is a possibility City should at least explore don't you think?

Kev certainly can't play anywhere near as much next year onwards hes been hacked around the pitch for 2 years running

Add all these stupid National games Inc the Winter World Cup, domestic cups & Chumps league having a player of Pogba stature & ability is a no brainer

There have been many times this season inc myself where we have said Kev should be left out, Rodri is running on empty its a tough season & the cnts running this league don't give a fuck unless you play in Red

If City rock up in August with teams like below who are we to say that's a fucking joke????

Eddy
Walker Zinchenko
Stones Dias
Rodri
Kev Berny
Phil Jack
Haaland

Eddy
Cancelo Ake
Dias Laporte
FDG
Phil Pogba
Mahrez Alvarez
Jesus

Steffen
Walker Cancelo
Stones Laporte
Pogba
Berny Gundagun
Palmer Alvarez
Haaland

Add a new LB in that mix & Bellingham next year we are fixed for the next 5 years

Just depends who leaves???

Intresting to see players body language today
Putting those lineups to one side, squad definitely needs freshening up. All depends on exits, but defence, midfield need a bit of tweaking. Up front looks like it will be completely reinvigorated next season.

It's like 5 years at the swamp have been totally forgotten. It's never Pogba who plays shit, it's the managers fault, it's the players around him, it's a lack of coaching. The bloke is a waste of space and has proved it over many years and lots of games. Wherever he is on the pitch he is being played out of position. He has been tried all over and has always been found out. He's too slow as an attacking midfielder, as a defensive midfielder he constantly loses possession. Put him on the left of a 3 and he disappears, I hope he goes anywhere but to us, funny enough the rags on ragcafe think the same, anywhere including City as long as he is gone next season, which tells you all you need to know.
To be fair though, Pogba's already indicated he's leaving, so it matters little whether ManUre fans want him to stay, or whether they're bothered about where he plays in the future or not.

What you've just said smacks of "We don't want him anyway". Their form is patchy with or without Pogba which suggests their issues aren't all Pogba.

It suggests to me there's something endemically wrong at the club, where this season alone players have said during live interviews that they don't know what they're supposed to be doing, & that there's serious issues from the top to the bottom of the club.

As their world record signing, it seems Pogba has become their go to player when the blame game starts. It's little wonder he, Martial, Lingard, Cavani etc want out too.

Lingard goes to WHU on a seasons loan & becomes their player of the season. He's forced to return to Old Toilet where his form turns to shit again. He wanted to join relegation threatened Newcastle on loan until this summer & then assess his options as a free agent. ManUre said no.

Something is very wrong at that club, & it's not because every player they've got is shit or a trouble maker either.

Fernandinho was coming to the end of his career & becoming less effective for us. Rodri has suffered for this by being overplayed.

Gundog is also in the last year of his contract & has made noises about his lack of playing time. I've heard of no discussions of a contract extension & there's been a bit of chatter about an emotional return to Dortmund. Perhaps a cash plus player deal for Haaland?

If Pep is serious about Pogba & he were to arrive here, he arrives as one of 20 first team squad players. He wouldn't be a bench warmer, but competition/cover for Rodri, plus adaptable enough to play further forward in our midfield.

He's homegrown, talented, 29, free, wouldn't need a removal van & would be playing for a CL team with a better manager, squad & a more stable club set up. ManUre got spanked 0-4 without him yesterday, so I just don't get why everyone thinks their current plight is all Pogba's fault? Their form is patchy with or without him, but I think they're far better with him playing. Personally I'd prefer to face a Pogba-less ManUre than a ManUre with him.

Pogba arrived for a world record fee & I feel the ManUre fans' disappointment with him is for the money, they believed Pogba alone could drag them to success. He hasn't/can't, but neither has any other Rag player been able to since 2016.

Pogba lives locally & will be all too aware the ramifications of moving to City. If he's up for proving himself & Pep believes he can significantly add to our squad; a free transfer for a clearly talented player is a possibility City should at least explore don't you think?
Do I think he could provide a useful role in our team? Yes, as depth and rotation. If he did come he’d get the same support from me as any other signing.

My point is he’ll likely be a first choice starting player for other top teams in Europe whereas we are stacked in midfield with better players that suit and understand our system better than he does.

We’ve seen it consistently how it takes players a year to settle into our style. Pogba is 29, will be 30 during next season.

We will have to see but I’d be very surprised if either party decide this is a good move when push comes to shove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.