Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been no sign of interest out of Spain YET.
Correct. I asked the Madrid fans I talk to when this rumor popped out if there was a chance of him going there and they told me they don’t see it happening and haven’t heard anything thing about it. Considering he’s known he would be on the market for awhile, I think he knows what his options are. An ITK here said they heard he has an agreement with us and another club and will make a choice. If that’s the case, the other club probably isn’t Spanish or we would have heard

Correct. I asked the Madrid fans I talk to when this rumor popped out if there was a chance of him going there and they told me they don’t see it happening and haven’t heard anything thing about it. Considering he’s known he would be on the market for awhile, I think he knows what his options are. An ITK here said they heard he has an agreement with us and another club and will make a choice. If that’s the case, the other club probably isn’t Spanish or we would have heard
The "other club" is probably Derby

Really! I just don’t see where he fits in and who do we leave out for him? Surely a fast paced DM is more important, plus left back and obviously Haaland. Do you know who is probably leaving?
That’s exactly where I see him playing. His range of passing is incredible and he’s be our ‘quarter back’ in the less physical games to give Rodri a rest. He can also play on the wings, and he’s no more lazy than Mahrez.

Couple of observations, regardless of whether we get him:

The idea of "working hard" and "pressing" have become a bit conflated in the English football world. Pressing high up the pitch only works when the whole team does it and does it well. Fans might like it when a player runs around and chases dead ball, I certainly do, but it's not really anything to do with a good, well drilled press. You rarely see Rodri or Gundogan do that, positional play is just important. To put it lightly, none of United's managers have been coaching this. Any player who has played for us will have to be positionally disciplined, but I don't doubt he'd be able to do it.
Exactly this ^^^^

For me it's quite simple... If coached, could Pogba do the same as Rodri? For me the answer is yes. Any deficiencies will have been factored in if we were seriously interested.

Few players have arrived at the Etihad ready made for Pep. It's taken even the very best a season or two to adapt, & I've no doubt in my mind that Pogba could adapt if coached & drilled by Pep & surrounded & influenced by the driven players we have.

Outside of Fernandinho, we've never really had a Kanté style player that I can recall in modern times. Even then, Fernandinho is more skill than brawn. An iron fist in a velvet glove if you like.

Pep likes players who play football & has mused many times that if players need to go to ground or scurry around, there's something wrong with the way we're playing. He wants our players on their feet, to run less, use the ball more & to be thinking two steps ahead.

He's drilled our team so well in fact, I find myself predicting where many of our passes are gonna go, as even I've tuned in to Pep's philosophy from the stands & on the telly.

Last week I was at a mate's house & Watford vs Burnley was on. I found myself coaching their players thinking "No pass to him. Move into that space. Follow the runner."...etc.

The difference between how City play in comparison to mid-lower teams is stark & this is mostly down to coaching, albeit we also have better players who're able to execute Pep's plans better.

ManUre has a player who scurries in Fred, but given a choice between him & Pogba & who'd be more effective at City as a #6? Without a doubt in my mind it'd be the more cultured Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.