Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are forgetting he was in an absolute cluster fuck of a team and club at United.

He's had 3 managers in 6 years, the longest term of whom was average at best.

Someone like Pep may be able to re-unlock his talent and let him blossom again
Yeah, my feelings too..

And lets not forget he's been boo'd by United fans. I'm sure the opportunity to stick two fingers up at them and doing well at City would give him some satisfaction.

If he is to sign i’d be giving him a year or two max with options of further on from there. Though there doesn’t seem to be too much of a risk on a free, I find the reports of pep wanting him to play him as a 6 strange. Surely he’d replace one of our actual CM’s like Gundo and not a CDM like Fernandinho ?

But if that is the case I think I’d rather add the wages towards an actual new CDM and then get a new LB aswell. Use Grealish as the #8 in the future (I see him there rather than the wings in future) So not sure if it’s actually that necessary…

If he is to sign i’d be giving him a year or two max with options of further on from there. Though there doesn’t seem to be too much of a risk on a free, I find the reports of pep wanting him to play him as a 6 strange. Surely he’d replace one of our actual CM’s like Gundo and not a CDM like Fernandinho ?

But if that is the case I think I’d rather add the wages towards an actual new CDM and then get a new LB aswell. Use Grealish as the #8 in the future (I see him there rather than the wings in future) So not sure if it’s actually that necessary…

+250 K long contract is risky.

I thought the same when I posted but looked into it a bit more and seen ‘the guardian’ reporting a four year deal with an option of another year after… that’s long !
We have to see if that’s accurate because often these reports get wrong the length of contract. I had thought three to four years would be fine. He’s too young for less than that.

He is almost 30, Pep is not going to reinvent him at that age, nor would Pep want a player of that profile he would need to work on like a fresh faced 20yo. Pep buy's players who already fit a certain profile which Pogba is not close to from what i can gather.

The reinventing would consist of changing a player who needs time on the ball to be effective. You don't get that in the prem so if you are not quick in your general play, collecting and passing quick whilst making the correct choice most of the time. That is simply not Pogba's game and one of the reasons he has been a failure in the prem.

If you play in our midfield you need the engine of a race horse for 90min. I genuinly have not seen Pogba once really bust a gut sprinting back down half the pitch to get the ball very often, if at all, let alone for a full 90min. Even Kev, a player levels above Pogba has to do or you will find yourself on the bench. Pogba is largely lethargic in general game play when you compare it to how Pep has us play, the change would have to be huge for Pep to even raise an eyebrow.

Pogba coming here would be, at best, an experiment. We are not in the game of trying such experiments, we don't need to take such risks. Adding any player there are risks, i feel they are heightened with a player like Pogba. He is also very much an "icing on the cake" player from what i see which again just seems at odds with what Pep values in a player.

He likely won't take a pay cut and i don't think we would be offering him what he would want either. Txiki is no mug, watch the Barca docu if you want to see how he handles contracts. You play well or forget being one of the highest paid players. I think our stance would be "here is a basic, the rest you earn on performances, play well and we will revisit your pay happily". I am not sure Pogba could swallow that pill.

I think the reports are aimed at making Pogba seem a desirable player to other teams than us in order to get a lucrative move. It may be true but i just don't see it personally with our supposed interest. I doubt Real have any serious interest and even PSG have been quiet.

Even if we disregard all the stuff surrounding him, simply how he fits the team presents large issues to my eyes and i suspect many others also. I simply see a lot of obvious risk with just a hypothetical hope he would do well here. Regarding it being a two fingers to utd, i honestly could not care less about them when it comes to the core objective of being a great team.

He is almost 30, Pep is not going to reinvent him at that age, nor would Pep want a player of that profile he would need to work on like a fresh faced 20yo. Pep buy's players who already fit a certain profile which Pogba is not close to from what i can gather.

The reinventing would consist of changing a player who needs time on the ball to be effective. You don't get that in the prem so if you are not quick in your general play, collecting and passing quick whilst making the correct choice most of the time. That is simply not Pogba's game and one of the reasons he has been a failure in the prem.

If you play in our midfield you need the engine of a race horse for 90min. I genuinly have not seen Pogba once really bust a gut sprinting back down half the pitch to get the ball very often, if at all, let alone for a full 90min. Even Kev, a player levels above Pogba has to do or you will find yourself on the bench. Pogba is largely lethargic in general game play when you compare it to how Pep has us play, the change would have to be huge for Pep to even raise an eyebrow.

Pogba coming here would be, at best, an experiment. We are not in the game of trying such experiments, we don't need to take such risks. Adding any player there are risks, i feel they are heightened with a player like Pogba. He is also very much an "icing on the cake" player from what i see which again just seems at odds with what Pep values in a player.

He likely won't take a pay cut and i don't think we would be offering him what he would want either. Txiki is no mug, watch the Barca docu if you want to see how he handles contracts. You play well or forget being one of the highest paid players. I think our stance would be "here is a basic, the rest you earn on performances, play well and we will revisit your pay happily". I am not sure Pogba could swallow that pill.

I think the reports are aimed at making Pogba seem a desirable player to other teams than us in order to get a lucrative move. It may be true but i just don't see it personally with our supposed interest. I doubt Real have any serious interest and even PSG have been quiet.

Even if we disregard all the stuff surrounding him, simply how he fits the team presents large issues to my eyes and i suspect many others also. I simply see a lot of obvious risk with just a hypothetical hope he would do well here. Regarding it being a two fingers to utd, i honestly could not care less about them when it comes to the core objective of being a great team.
I do hope your correct and it is a selling ploy by his agent.
No work ethic in him , don't think he would benefit the team at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.