Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get his head right and he could be a useful option.

He can be a brilliant player,unfortunately for him he has been dragged down to the Rags' level and that has obviously badly tainted his once brilliant reputation.

There were reports he was/is depressed,maybe that is true and maybe that is also a reason we haven't seen the real player.Coud Pep help reinstate his state of mind and get the best out of him? I think its worth a shot,especially on a free.

Offer 12 months....if he is serious,and he wants the opportunity to reinvent himself under the best,he will take it....and then dangle the carrot of a further 2 years if he does prove himself.

The Rags would be apoplectic if he was succesful here,and that possibility has to be worth the risk!

He is almost 30, Pep is not going to reinvent him at that age, nor would Pep want a player of that profile he would need to work on like a fresh faced 20yo. Pep buy's players who already fit a certain profile which Pogba is not close to from what i can gather.

The reinventing would consist of changing a player who needs time on the ball to be effective. You don't get that in the prem so if you are not quick in your general play, collecting and passing quick whilst making the correct choice most of the time. That is simply not Pogba's game and one of the reasons he has been a failure in the prem.

If you play in our midfield you need the engine of a race horse for 90min. I genuinly have not seen Pogba once really bust a gut sprinting back down half the pitch to get the ball very often, if at all, let alone for a full 90min. Even Kev, a player levels above Pogba has to do or you will find yourself on the bench. Pogba is largely lethargic in general game play when you compare it to how Pep has us play, the change would have to be huge for Pep to even raise an eyebrow.
The thing is, I can see Pep being fine with the player he is and seeing him fitting his needs by simply operating in our system, much like he changes from United to France. I don’t think Pep sees it as “I will reinvent this player” situation. I think he sees his pace will improve enough and his talent will naturally be consistent in a more consistent and overall solid team that will benefit from his passing. Imagine Grealish as the midfielder… I often think people create a myth around the “Pep player”, and he’s sometimes looking for more objective things, hence a momentary interest in Ronaldo.

Tevez made sense. This doesn't.

Too many risks.

Would rather that young lad Lingard.

Rashford would really piss the rags off. Let's sign him instead.

Thankfully the sources reporting this bollocks are laughable, have absolutely zero credibility and even fewer contacts at City.
really? as far as i’m concerned we’ve had all of the most reliable and credible ones report our interest. blackburn, ballus, hirst and keegan all have reported with lee hinting at it. if these guys had all come together and dropped Haaland news we’d all be eating it up. i think there’s something serious going on here and i have a strange feeling that this is going to happen.

Can't believe he's almost 30. I feel fucking old.

Look, as much as I love to give him shit, there's clearly a player in there. It just seems odd. He's a bit of a headcase and hasn't really lived up to the potential. His top Juve form was nearly a decade ago!

If Pep and co want him, obviously I'd trust them. But I just think 6 years of being in that looney bin has ruined him. He is what he is...a talented, but inconsistent footballer with massive red flags.

...probably worth it to piss them off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.