Paul Scholes - Has 'left' Oldham (p20)

Giggs spent longer in his sister in law than Scholes did at Oldham
giphy.gif

The only thing I’ll say in Scholes’ defence is that it must be very hard to walk out of the limelight, whatever your personality. Must be very hard to give up, even though it’s usually toxic.

He wants to stay relevant and who can really blame him.
Being a multi-millionaire makes it a lot easier than had it been myself for example.

Harsh. Scholes was warned about the owner's predeliction for interfering, but ignored this when given assurances. The lesson is do not go to clubs where the owner or chairman is a dick. See Solsjaer and Cardiff. Still Scholes is a red, so not too much sympathy from the Manchester club.

That was my point. Managing some professional football clubs nowadays must be a minefield. Criticising managers from a TV studio is easy without the whole story of what is going on behind the scenes and some managers are able to handle the internal politics.
If the Oldham chairman is a dick then Scholes should have done his homework before taking the job.
Anyway, there are 2 sides to any story and we may yet hear the Club's view in due course. Maybe Scholes just couldn't hack it after all ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.