Paul Weller, Does Billie Eilish, What was I made for

I think it is because Weller does not use smoke-and-mirrors bullshit or lives on his back catalogue in reforming the jam or the style council, Weller is a poet and a wonderful writer/songwriter, Like all the best artists they think that their best work is still unwritten and just around the corner,

Another very fair comment.

He loved soul music and wanted a change of direction.
That was evident in the last year of Jam recordings- stuff like Bitterest Pill, Beat Surrender and Shopping.

There is a suggestion that The Jam were being prepared by to have a crack at the US and this didn't appeal to Weller.

Musically The Jam were quite limited in their possibilities, especially Rick Buckler with his unsubtle military style drumming. They had a great run though.

That was evident in the last year of Jam recordings- stuff like Bitterest Pill, Beat Surrender and Shopping.

There is a suggestion that The Jam were being prepared by to have a crack at the US and this didn't appeal to Weller.

Musically The Jam were quite limited in their possibilities, especially Rick Buckler with his unsubtle military style drumming. They had a great run though.
The Gift album was very like the early Style Council stuff.

A very big change and jump from being in the jam, it took a long time for loads of the jam fans to understand.
Early-style council still had the message (anti-government) it just sounds different,
I can still remember playing Money go Round 12 " extended version over and over again in 1983,brilliant single with a resounding vocal at the end....
The Paris EP 12" was like a breath of fresh air......superb.value for money (where do you get that nowadays )at £1.49.

Strength of Your Nature really left a mark on me..

And Solid Bond in your Heart,was just a Masterpiece, imo
Everything about it, the simplicity of the lyrics, the trust offered ..the Northern Soul flavoured video,and not least the 7" gatefold sleeve package...Quality.

Thinking back ...The My Ever Changing Moods 12" was also brilliant.
And ..Walls come tumbling Down was brave at the time and uplifting.loved it.

Style Council were Quality.

I can still remember playing Money go Round 12 " extended version over and over again in 1983,brilliant single with a resounding vocal at the end....
The Paris EP 12" was like a breath of fresh air......superb.value for money (where do you get that nowadays )at £1.49.

Everything about it, the simplicity of the lyrics, the trust offered ..the Northern Soul flavoured video,and not least the 7" gatefold sleeve package...Quality.

Solid Bond was a Jam song they studio demo so maybe was going to be used for the final single but instead released Beat Surrender, The Video by TSC was a nod to the jam days

Here is the jam Version, i use the video from the TSC release and sort of mono in blue and red

Shout to the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.