PC brigade again

uwerosler28

kicking off in the press because beyonce's skin got made lighter in some adverts' tossers, if she was happy to do it what's the problem and i dont see them complaining when white's get made darker in advert's

It all depends on why they felt the need to lighten her skin to be honest.

As for Beyonce being willing to do it, she's also willing to marry Jay Z so at best I'd say her judgement is cloudy at best yet where cash money is concerned she's willing to go that extra mile.

Why her skin was lightened is irrelevant, whether or not they had her permission to do so is the only issue. If she allowed her skin to be lightened, for whatever reason, then that's her personal choice. She can do what she likes with her own image.

Matty said:
Why her skin was lightened is irrelevant, whether or not they had her permission to do so is the only issue. If she allowed her skin to be lightened, for whatever reason, then that's her personal choice. She can do what she likes with her own image.

So if you offer a black person enough money to degrade themselves then it's fine so long as the black person in question is willing to do so?

Good thinking that Matty!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Matty said:

So if you offer a black person enough money to degrade themselves then it's fine so long as the black person in question is willing to do so?

Yeah, because Beyonce is on her uppers and desperate for money isn't she. Don't try and portray it as the evil white man exploiting the downtrodden black person. Beyonce has more money than you or I will ever see. If she hadn't wanted her skin to be lightened then she wouldn't have allowed them to do it, and she'd have moved on to whatever other company was clamouring for her to be their figurehead.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Matty said:

What's your point, TMQ? I'm unsure of the angle.

Bigga said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Matty said:

What's your point, TMQ? I'm unsure of the angle.

I'm saying that in my opinion just because Beyonce may be willing to white up in exchange for lots of cash doesnt mean that it is right.

Can't see Chuck D being willing to whiten his skin a touch in an attempt to sell a few more PE albums can you?

If people cant deal with Beyonces skin tone, or if they think a lighter skin tone may appeal to more people then that's their own call but in my own view it's a little crass.

Matty said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Matty said:

Yeah, because Beyonce is on her uppers and desperate for money isn't she. Don't try and portray it as the evil white man exploiting the downtrodden black person. Beyonce has more money than you or I will ever see. If she hadn't wanted her skin to be lightened then she wouldn't have allowed them to do it, and she'd have moved on to whatever other company was clamouring for her to be their figurehead.

Beyonce being the spokeswoman for all black people now?

Granted she doesnt need the money but Beyonce is a woman of dubious morals anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.