Pedro Neto

There is a drop to Doku. Mahrez’s goal output was far higher.

Doku could be an absolute monster, but he’s not as consistent as Mahrez was. Natural for 21.
I said there was a drop but it’s negligible
Mahrez took penalties he wouldn’t be with Haaland here so that’s half his goals gone
I wouldn’t swap Doku for Mahrez not a chance
Doku has more energy as well

I said there was a drop but it’s negligible
Mahrez took penalties he wouldn’t be with Haaland here so that’s half his goals gone
I wouldn’t swap Doku for Mahrez not a chance
Doku has more energy as well
He scored 10 penalties for us, so 33 non-penalty PL goals.

I wouldn’t swap thrn now, but Doku is nowhere near the level of peak Mahrez yet.

There is a drop to Doku. Mahrez’s goal output was far higher.

Doku could be an absolute monster, but he’s not as consistent as Mahrez was. Natural for 21.
Mahrez was always getting bashed here for his inconsistency even thot he did good goals/assists wise. Doku so far has actually been very consistent perfomance wise even tho he may not achieve Mahrez numbers.

Mahrez was always getting bashed here for his inconsistency even thot he did good goals/assists wise. Doku so far has actually been very consistent perfomance wise even tho he may not achieve Mahrez numbers.
I’m not meaning or wanting to bash either. Mahrez was great for us for 3-4 seasons, Doku has only just come through the door.

Doku has more time to hone his skills, so hopefully we see that in the next few years.

MAHREZ_CUP.jpeg

Mahrez is the most underrated City player of modern times imo. He was bashed because many saw him as soft & lazy because he wasn't the type to be covering Bernardo size distances, & constantly crunching into tackles like Fernandinho.

It takes all sorts to make a winning formula. We needed a mixture of artists & water carriers. Luckily for City, we had several artists who could also carry water, but significant water carrying wasn't Mahrez's game.

What he lacked in Bernardo levels of physical output & Fernandinho-like defensive capabilities, he more than made up for in assists & goals, which when analysed puts him as one of City's most effective players in our recent history.

His record stands at 78 goals & 56 assists in 234 games for City from 169 starts with 67 substitute appearances, a total of 134 goal contributions across 5 seasons. Since he joined, only KDB has achieved more.

We need to put some respect to his name. I doubt he'll get a statue or a tiled mural, but the very least he deserves is our enduring recognition & appreciation of what a fantastic player he was for City.

https://amp.mancity.com/news/mens/riyad-mahrez-stats-63826159

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.