Pellegrini hoping to stay in Europe for next job

I would have had him as cover. It's not De Jong we didn't replace, it's this fella. One of the hardest, most underrated types to find and he was brilliant mostly for us. I miss Baz

You do have to wonder though if he would have been capable of maintaining the level of performance that he gave us if he wasn't playing regularly.

Different threads about Manuel on the main board at the moment but I thought I'd resurrect this one for discussion specifically about where he might go next.

His previous comments seem to rule out the vacant national Chile post. I'd have thought that may be ideal given that he's been in Europe for more than a decade away from his family and it would afford him the opportunity to live at home without the same pressure as a club job. Maybe he thinks that the new guy in that post will be on a hiding to nothing given that they've just achieved their greatest honour in their history and the consensus is that they'll find it tough to repeat that success.

Still, plenty of choice for Manuel in Europe if recent speculation is to be believed.

Here in Russia, he's been linked with Zenit St Petersburg, who've already been told by current coach Villas Boas that he's off in summer. I won't supply a link in Russian, so here's one from the Mirror picking up on the Russian reports: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-pellegrini-could-offered-return-7222545

Valencia have Gary Neville in position on a short-term contract until the summer, but it seems doubtful that they'll keep him longer unless the current poor run of results improves. Pellegrini is being mentioned as a potential replacement, for example in this piece in the Star a couple of days ago: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...i-eyed-as-Gary-Neville-s-Valencia-replacement

Of course, as we know, Pellers has recently been linked with Chelsea and he's among three managers who are fairly short odds for that post (along with Sampaoli amd Conte). The Express this morning revisits the Manuel to Stamford Bridge theme: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...lsea-Pep-Guardiola-Premier-League-Gossip-News

Meanwhile, last week in the Mail, Neil Ashton says that the CFG recently came close to buying a South American club and had hoped to install Pellers. However, Ashton reckons that they want to keep him within CFG and are looking at alternatives. Link here (be warned that you have to scroll down through a load of absolute guff about United first): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ir-Alex-Ferguson-Manchester-United-great.html

I hope he ends up in a good job that he'll find fulfilling. I don't see it being Russia, because if he wants to stay in Europe, it will surely be in a leading league; that said, he'd be very well paid there and would have an outstanding chance of winning that league. Reports are that he could fancy Chelsea and if he likes the PL, that would be a good step for him, though it may well be the job with the strongest field of contenders. He's got long experience in Spain and Valencia is a big club that could contend again for CL qualification if he's given a decent budget by the new coach, so that seems a decent fit on the face of it.

It would be great for him to stay within CFG. However, the hints from him so far seem to suggest he'll be coaching another club.

I'd be outright shocked if Sampaoli doesn't get the Chelsea job. Seems all setup for him.

Think Valencia could be a good shout for Pellers, especially since Lim has taken over and seems to want to invest in it. He could do some excellent work over there if he doesn't want the Chile job, which I'm still thinking that he'll probably take on.

I'd be outright shocked if Sampaoli doesn't get the Chelsea job. Seems all setup for him.

Think Valencia could be a good shout for Pellers, especially since Lim has taken over and seems to want to invest in it. He could do some excellent work over there if he doesn't want the Chile job, which I'm still thinking that he'll probably take on.

I still think MP will end up at Chelsea. Sampoili represents too much of a risk for Roman and Emelano. If they don't/can't get Simeone personally I think MP will be next on their list. As I said in the other thread, a month ago I was all for that. however upon reflection, I'd prefer if MP went back to Spain. Would be gutted to see him at another PL club.

Not sure i'd go for Valencia if i was him, what could he realistically achieve? Emulating At. Madrid would be some feat.

How about PSG for one last big earner before heading back to Chile? Blanc has been linked the next United manager.

I still think MP will end up at Chelsea. Sampoili represents too much of a risk for Roman and Emelano. If they don't/can't get Simeone personally I think MP will be next on their list. As I said in the other thread, a month ago I was all for that. however upon reflection, I'd prefer if MP went back to Spain. Would be gutted to see him at another PL club.

I agree with this. When we all knew that this was going to happen but it hadn't been announced, I was thinking that I'd be happy to see Manuel at Chelsea. However, yesterday's events have put it all in much sharper focus and I don't fancy the idea. I have slightly mixed views now of him as a coach, but I like him and wouldn't enjoy seeing him at another PL club.

On a personal level, I'd be quite happy to see him at Zenit, which is the Russian club I (rather half-heartedly) follow. I think he'd win the league here and with some style, too. However, I think he'll have more tempting offers. PSG could be one if United go for Blanc, who'd presumably be tempting to them because he isn't Mourinho but, unlike Giggs, has some sort of managerial pedigree.

I agree with this. When we all knew that this was going to happen but it hadn't been announced, I was thinking that I'd be happy to see Manuel at Chelsea. However, yesterday's events have put it all in much sharper focus and I don't fancy the idea. I have slightly mixed views now of him as a coach, but I like him and wouldn't enjoy seeing him at another PL club.

On a personal level, I'd be quite happy to see him at Zenit, which is the Russian club I (rather half-heartedly) follow. I think he'd win the league here and with some style, too. However, I think he'll have more tempting offers. PSG could be one if United go for Blanc, who'd presumably be tempting to them because he isn't Mourinho but, unlike Giggs, has some sort of managerial pedigree.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that United are going to be scared into inertia. They know whatever they do, it'll be seen as a reaction to Pep coming to City, and I think that might push them towards giving Louis another season IF he finishes in the top 4.

is it possible pellegrini will stay with us, in a previous interview, he said he was sure pep would come here , he also said he loves Manchester city and hoped he had a chance to stay, now would he accept an assistants role under pep,or an assistant to the director of football, maybe not, wherever he goes he needs to be shown from the city fans how we have come to respect his attitude right the way through his city managerial career , a very very charming man

no way will MP end up at Chelsea next season - they would not accept our 'cast offs' ( as that's the way they would see it - I am not calling him that by the way ) as next manager. my money is on Conte being in charge for their 1st game next season anyway.

Valencia is a better fit for MP.

no way will MP end up at Chelsea next season - they would not accept our 'cast offs' ( as that's the way they would see it - I am not calling him that by the way ) as next manager. my money is on Conte being in charge for their 1st game next season anyway.

Valencia is a better fit for MP.

I see what you're saying but the issue is that Chelsea have no CL football next season. Potentially they will lose their best player (Hazard). They will probably have to spend accordingly this summer too. I think they will want someone with a proven record in the premier league because someone like Conte, or Sampoili, they represent the same kind of risk that saw Chelsea appoint Scolari and AVB. Both were disasters.

Also Roman gives less of a fuck what the chavs think. He a pointed Benitez and he is LOATHED by the Chelsea support and was basically seen as their arch enemy throughout Mourinho's first reign. If Emelano recommends Pellegrini, I can see them doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.