Pellegrini in talks with Everton

Poor Everton, all those rumours about them wanting Joe Hart and they're gonna end up with Caballero.

i respect manuel but if i was an everton fan having watched what he had done with us in the last eighteen months whilst having arguably the best squad in the league and spending another 150m last summer i would be concerned about going for him, especially considering how both teams defenses have performed in that time as well.

if i was everton i would be going all out for someone like unai emery.

Pretty sure Leicester fans looked at Reinieri's latest record when he was rumored.

I think if he goes to Everton this thread is going to haunt a few people you know what we are like when we come up against former blues it's written in the stars if he ends up there.

I really struggle to see what he brings to the table as a manager.[/QUOTE
It might not have worked out as everyone would have liked in the last eighteen months, but he's never been the main story, never resorted to blaming referees or some unspoken conspiracy. He seems to have a high level of integrity and believes that the game not only has a sporting value but there is an entertainment imperative as well. He also appears to believe in trying to out score the opposition and never 'settling' for 1-0, which I found hugely refreshing.
He might not be the man for City anymore but I'm sure he will do a decent job somewhere else and I, for one, wish him well.

I dont understand why any premier league club would want him after seeing what he did with arguably the best squad in the league, what can everton really expect off him if he struggled to get us top 4

I dont understand why any premier league club would want him after seeing what he did with arguably the best squad in the league, what can everton really expect off him if he struggled to get us top 4
The best squad in the league was decimated by injury. If you took Terry out of Chelsea's team 2 seasons ago, would they have won the title (and were missing a lot more than our Captain) ?

He made some mistakes in his final season, but he's still a good manager. He left because Guardiola became available, and even before it was announced the speculation was intense that Guardiola would take over. Its been going on for over a year, and that probably contributed a lot towards the poor season we had.

I think it was fairly obvious the hierarchy knew there was a chance Pep would be available for the start of this season. Getting Pellegrini to sign a 1 year extension killed all the speculation, allowed them to get the deal done on the quiet, and then announce when it suited us. Pretty smart way to operate in my opinion. And I'm sure Pellegrini was informed through-out otherwise we would massivley damage our reputation if anything came out, which the hierarchy are doing a great deal to improve.

In many ways Pellegrini was a stop gap, but he was the right stop gap to calm everything down after the mancini era.

There's a vacancy at Malaga now with Javi Gracia leaving the club. Pellegrini did a very good job there.

Yet why is Mourinho still such a wanted man after what he did to Chelsea this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.