Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

LoveCity said:
wayne71 said:
LoveCity said:
Pellegrini is a coach. He will make some requests but will generally be happy to work with the players he has with minimal fuss, and will do his best to get the most out of them. He doesn't crave the power and control that managers such as Mourinho and Mancini do. Holistic, etc.

You've mentioned 3 people, one of them hasn't won a single major trophy. Which appears to be the better way?

Ask the club - they appointed him, just like the same men appointed Rijkaard and Guardiola, both of whom had won even less than Pellegrini.

Also, the Argentine Primera Division Title (which he won with two clubs) could easily be considered a major trophy. The Argentine league is very popular and competitive.

Agreed.

La Liga is difficult. Put City up against Barca every year, and we'd likely have won nothing in the last 3 years.

Re: Manuell Pellegrini - When?

Helmet Cole said:
mancity1 said:
Probably early June will be when we announce our new manager.

If Jose has accepted the Chelsea job I would expect them to announce it ASAP ending any small doubt that MP will become our new manager.

I think it may create doubt. Real will need a new manager and I'd be surprised if MP was not a contender.

Why do you think MU acted quick to appoint Moyes knowing RM were going to be looking for a new manager :-)</Sarcasm>,

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:
wayne71 said:
You've mentioned 3 people, one of them hasn't won a single major trophy. Which appears to be the better way?

Ask the club - they appointed him, just like the same men appointed Rijkaard and Guardiola, both of whom had won even less than Pellegrini.

Also, the Argentine Primera Division Title (which he won with two clubs) could easily be considered a major trophy. The Argentine league is very popular and competitive.

Agreed.

La Liga is difficult. Put City up against Barca every year, and we'd likely have won nothing in the last 3 years.
His record in European competition at Villareal and Malaga is very good. At Villareal he did what Moyes could not do at Everton and that's qualify for the CL proper, and he did it repeatedly

Blue Haze said:

That's a bit daft as we'll never know but I could be equally as daft and say Chelsea knocked Barca out of the CL and we comfortably beat them on our way to winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.