Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippaxblue76

salfordpaul said:
god i can t wait for this man to take the helm, i ve said on twitter, we are bang on to win the league again next season and dominate english football. this is the beginning ! viva footbal, viva pelligrini, viva our new signings. excited is an understatement

You sound convinced by this guy.

Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

kippaxblue76 said:
salfordpaul said:
god i can t wait for this man to take the helm, i ve said on twitter, we are bang on to win the league again next season and dominate english football. this is the beginning ! viva footbal, viva pelligrini, viva our new signings. excited is an understatement

convinced would be an understatement! will bet anyone we ll get the league back next season regardless of chelsea strenghthening. did you see that i don t mention utd?

salfordpaul said:
kippaxblue76 said:
salfordpaul said:

convinced would be an understatement! will bet anyone we ll get the league back next season regardless of chelsea strenghthening. did you see that i don t mention utd?

My thoughts exactly, think we will fight it out with Chelsea.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Falastur said:
The snubbed have become the snubees.

A snubee is also someone who gets snubbed.
Based on the premise that a mortgagee is the one that lends the money rather than the one who is in receipt of the money I would beg to differ and say that the snubee is the one who gives the snub - not that makes much sense either tbf :-)

A mortgagee is someone who receives the mortgaged property ;) the -ee means they are the one receiving or undergoing something, while -er means the opposite. Hence interviewer/interviewee, referer/referee (yep, that's where the word comes from), employer/employee.

But yes, it doesn't much matter. I'm just picky about this stuff :)

Falastur said:
Falastur said:
Based on the premise that a mortgagee is the one that lends the money rather than the one who is in receipt of the money I would beg to differ and say that the snubee is the one who gives the snub - not that makes much sense either tbf :-)

A mortgagee is someone who receives the mortgaged property ;) the -ee means they are the one receiving or undergoing something, while -er means the opposite. Hence interviewer/interviewee, referer/referee (yep, that's where the word comes from), employer/employee.

snubbers would have been correct and yes you are picky.

Marvin said:
"I hope they lift the ban; they deserve it. The club has made an effort to put its finances in order," Pellegrini added.
This is the bit that most English fans won't get their head around, although as supporters of City who follow what the club is doing we do. That the manager won't have financial or even skilful/tactical responsibility of players that the club signs. He's just a coach. That's it, and we will have another in a few years too in all probability whatever we end up winning in the meantime. That's hard to grasp even for me who's watched all this from day one. The manager will be the fall guy if things go tits up, and can't really take ALL the credit either when we win. It's strange, to me, but it is what it is. I can also see how it will work greatly in our favour overall, considering things like the Academy and NYCFC. What happens when we need a new DoF or does Txili have a job for life already?

Falastur said:
Falastur said:

You won't mind me pointing out then that the mortgagor (NB spelling) is the person who mortgages the property, ie allows the property to be used as security for the loan. The mortgagee is the one who receives the benefit of the security, not the benefit of the loan. In short, the mortgagor is the homeowner, the lender is the mortgagee.

You should spend more time in the cellar. :)

Chris in London said:
Falastur said:

You won't mind me pointing out then that the mortgagor (NB spelling) is the person who mortgages the property, ie allows the property to be used as security for the loan. The mortgagee is the one who receives the benefit of the security, not the benefit of the loan. In short, the mortgagor is the homeowner, the lender is the mortgagee.

You should spend more time in the cellar. :)

Haha, touche. Funny thing - I never even read the threads in the cellar, let alone post there. Don't know why, but that subforum has never appealed to me.

Anyway, back on topic. Looking forward to this.

I wish we would just tie him up to a written contract now and then get the transfers on the go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.