Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

You get the feeling that if City in time pumped 5 quality homegrown players out of the academy the powers that be would impose a limit on how many could play in the team at one time.

Pellegrini is going to have his work cut out.

His record is impressive with the tools he's had, he comes across as an intelligent and most of all, respectful person, I'm looking forward to his reign. Lets hope Txiki can identify and sign us some targets now, along with Soriano, we need them in the squad as early as possible, whoever it may be.

Its great a Gentleman's agreement has been reached, but I like ink on the paper.

Nevertheless, welcome aboard Big Mal

black mamba said:
City Raider said:
Marvin said:
That Suarez article was interesting. Not just innuendo but a quoted interview. Looks like he's on his way if someone offers enough, but probably to a Spanish club I'd have thought. He has been vilified, although he has brought much of it on himself.

Part of me would love him at City, but he'd be a bomb about to go off, and he'd end up exploding in our face. No English club could take the risk. He needs a new start. If he'd have signed for Man utd in the first place, he'd have been alright

You might be right there cantonas antics were eulogised whereas look at the media treatment of the likes of Balo and Suarez - you're not allowed to be controversial unless you play for utd

Anyway Suarez has blamed press so if he moves it can't be to another prem club

Suarez is similar to Balotelli ...... both court more negative publicity than positive , and both make nooses for their own necks.
Whilst I agree with this, the same journalists that lapped up each of their transgressions, which I have no doubt acted as a catalyst for both to seek career fulfillment elsewhere, are the same bell-ends that will no doubt moan next season in their columns that "there aren't any characters in the game anymore".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
black mamba said:
City Raider said:
You might be right there cantonas antics were eulogised whereas look at the media treatment of the likes of Balo and Suarez - you're not allowed to be controversial unless you play for utd

Anyway Suarez has blamed press so if he moves it can't be to another prem club

Suarez is similar to Balotelli ...... both court more negative publicity than positive , and both make nooses for their own necks.
Whilst I agree with this, the same journalists that lapped up each of their transgressions, which I have no doubt acted as a catalyst for both to seek career fulfillment elsewhere, are the same bell-ends that will no doubt moan next season in their columns that "there aren't any characters in the game anymore".

This is a superb post and a perfect synopsis of the stupidity of our media in general.

While I agree about the stupidity of the press. Balo and Suarez are entirely different, Balo got hounded by the press because he wouldnt play their game and because he did some silly things rarely on the pitch i might add. Suarez however is not a character as you put it unless you consider racism, biting, constant diving and cheating and complaining to be character building.

I don't think Balotelli courts publicity. He's only just got Twitter, and I bet he won't use it to say anything controversial, his interviews are exceedingly rare and I can think of only a couple. Compare that to say Joey Barton or Wio or Odemwingie who can't shut up. Balotelli is a good guy who does daft things because he's eccentric, and this is what attracts the attention. I'm very sure if he was an anonymous millionaire's son, he'd do exactly the same type of things, only it wouldn't make the press. He's got a playful nature, and impish sense of humour. Suarez is a nasty little shit who bites, spouts racial abuse and celebrates after cheating another country out of progression. Comparing the two like they are equivalent human beings is simply wrong. It's about time some folk admit they are wrong about Balotelli's temperament. Quite a few people stated that Balotelli would slag us off when he left, blame us for his lack of form, like the spoilt arrogant ingrate he was. Those people, were completely wrong, as I predicted. I've never seen an ex player praise the club, and especially us as fans, as highly as Balotelli has.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think Maradona might give him a run for his money with Napoli.

Edit: just realised you meant City! Danny Mills? ;-)
Their their. ;-)

Well, Danny Mills, sprang to mind of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.