Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Just been on Odds Checker and Sky Bet have Mou at 1/100 to be Chelsea's next boss, yet in spite of the interview Pellegrini has given, Manuel is still as big as 1/10 to be our boss.

Now I know 1/10 isn't actually that big, but given the circumstances, it is. Opportunity for those who have a significant bet to buy money I would have thought?

strongbowholic said:
Just been on Odds Checker and Sky Bet have Mou at 1/100 to be Chelsea's next boss, yet in spite of the interview Pellegrini has given, Manuel is still as big as 1/10 to be our boss.

Now I know 1/10 isn't actually that big, but given the circumstances, it is. Opportunity for those who have a significant bet to buy money I would have thought?

Max bet £2000. So you win £200. Is that worth the risk?

hopefully we announce pellegrini monday :D

strongbowholic said:

I don't understand betting well but it's free money whatever you put on it. Surprised it isn't suspended, he is clearly 99.9999999999% coming here now.

LoveCity said:
strongbowholic said:

I don't understand betting well but it's free money whatever you put on it. Surprised it isn't suspended, he is clearly 99.9999999999% coming here now.

I take it you`re not fully convinced yet mate ?? ;)

cleavers said:
LEDC said:
And one last point, Santa Cruz want to stay in Malaga, they said it at the end of the video. Chilean accent is not that difficult :-p
Thats good news, though hardly a surprise, Malaga is far better than Manchester in January.

I disagree Manchester is wonderful all the time.....it's full of tits, fanny and City!! On a side note haven't heard th singing section sing that little ditty in a long while!!

I have to admit; i am much more excited about this coach coming than any new player signing. I think he could be the spark that lights the powder for this squad (with one or two additions), genuinely. I also think this may be our owners' strongest acquisition since the take over. A dynasty of absolute dominance may lie ahead of us, which i can live with.

We have to be in a prime position now to take some of the best emerging S. American talent, and hopefully convince some of the emerged world class talent such as Edinson Cavani to come on board.

A former Real manager with THE best 'motivational c.v. and S.American titles backed by a former Barcelona football directorship. Can it get any better?

Hi everyone!

Congrats all citizens!!

Pellegrini is a excellent manager! I´m sure he will do a good job in England if he cans work with respect and support like did in Malaga and Villareal.

If in Madrid he had had the same power that Jose... "La Décima" will stay in Bernabeu.

In Spain we miss him

Good luck "Don Manuel"

Sorry if this one's been posted everyone!
Pellegrini on Youth at city and style of play ... having a crisis me.

Manuel Pellegrini has given the clearest indication yet that he will take over from Roberto Mancini by revealing he already has an arrangement with Manchester City.

"I have a verbal agreement with them and hopefully that can become official," the Málaga manager told the radio show Al Primer Toque.

The 59-year-old Chilean added that he is excited by the prospect of a move to England. "I have always liked challenges and I am very excited by this project," he said. "The idea is to build a project at all levels. The chance to construct an infrastructure is as important to me as simply turning up at a team that has a chance of winning things. For me, the objective is not just titles."

He then set out his football ideas. "You have to know where you are and how you are going to progress and develop the club," he said. "I want to win titles and do it with a certain style of play. It is not just about winning, it is about image as well, helping build a club that has resources, stability, a long-term plan, that plays attractive football. I believe that the better football you play the better chance you have of winning. In that sense I am results-driven too, but it is deeper than just the egotism of wanting to turn up and win."

Pellegrini indicated that he had an understanding of what City's hierarchy would demand of a new manager. "We know where [Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain] came from [Barcelona] and we know perfectly what kind of approach they are interested in," he said. "We want to win and to entertain."

He also praised City's squad. "City have a great team, a great squad and they have people who are very clear about where they want to go and how the club should develop," he said. "[David] Silva is the kind of player that makes the difference. We will have a squad that can play very good football. I am sure we will play attractive football"

Pellegrini claimed he had received other offers but is banking on a move to England. "Italy was a possibility too, so was France. The priority for me is Manchester City. I didn't have any conflict with Barcelona and I think they are doing the right thing supporting Tito [Vilanova] if he feels well enough."He was also asked if English football was a bit Neanderthal for his style but stressed his familiarity with its demands. "I did my coaching course in England and I know it very well. English football has evolved a lot in recent years. The Barcelona style, which has been watched very closely, has made an impact there too. Arsenal are not so direct, they build their moves more. Manchester United have evolved a lot. I won't have any problems adapting.

"I speak English although not as well as i would like because it has been some time now since I spoke it regularly. I learnt it as a kid and I will be fine. There will be no problem in the dressing room."

Seems like the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.