Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Heaven said:
M24 Citizen said:
Guillem Balague pisses me right off.

Warms too much to the rags for my liking and v. good chance he leaked the story of Mancini/Pellegrini in Spain after a tip off from Barca - as he says in that post "As I published exclusively on Friday 9th, he will be the new City manager."

Tw@

He was the original media outlet, it appears. So what, should he have sat on the story?

I think that Sandro Rosell fed him the story, in order to make a little more mischief for us. First the Soriano "spygate" scandal, and now a new, even more horrific one - we sacked a manager...!!

-- Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 pm --

Marvin said:
NoahCity said:
Hope he is getting ready for a busy summer. A lot to work on to be ready for kick-off next season in mid-August.
Alarm bells ringing in my ears. Not seen the like of that since Hughes and Sven. Thought Mancini had drummed that careless couldn't be bothered attitude out of the club for good.

I had become convinced over the last few days that we were right to sack Mancini because the relationship with the players had broken down, but if that is the result then it's a disastrous move giving lazy players the green light to just pick up a pay cheque and amble through a game without a care in the world.

Today's match was a dead rubber. It will have no real impact going forward. Unless, of course, Brian Kidd is going to manage us next season.

No such thing as a dead rubber when playing in front of 40,000 fans paying good money.

Ray78 said:
Performances prove that all was not well with the players and Mancini and most of the first team were Mancini's signings. Look what a bit of top class man management can do with some of the teams we faced this season alone. I am not suggesting we should soft soap them, but by the same token we shouldn't rule with an iron fist.

It's knowing when to massage their egos, and when to rule with an iron fist, that makes a great manager. A mixture of both is needed.

We'll soon see the effects of the 'iron fist' policy with Di Canio and Sunderland. Right now, he's fining anybody who even looks at him the wrong way. Even threatening to kick out players who don't fall in line. Soon, he'll either have the most disciplined team in the Premier League, or a total breakdown..

sincity said:
Ray78 said:
Performances prove that all was not well with the players and Mancini and most of the first team were Mancini's signings. Look what a bit of top class man management can do with some of the teams we faced this season alone. I am not suggesting we should soft soap them, but by the same token we shouldn't rule with an iron fist.

It's knowing when to massage their egos, and when to rule with an iron fist, that makes a great manager. A mixture of both is needed.

We'll soon see the effects of the 'iron fist' policy with Di Canio and Sunderland. Right now, he's fining anybody who even looks at him the wrong way. Even threatening to kick out players who don't fall in line. Soon, he'll either have the most disciplined team in the Premier League, or be found hanged upside down from a lamppost..
Corrected.

Marvin said:
Blue Heaven said:
M24 Citizen said:

Warms too much to the rags for my liking and v. good chance he leaked the story of Mancini/Pellegrini in Spain after a tip off from Barca - as he says in that post "As I published exclusively on Friday 9th, he will be the new City manager."

Tw@

He was the original media outlet, it appears. So what, should he have sat on the story?

I think that Sandro Rosell fed him the story, in order to make a little more mischief for us. First the Soriano "spygate" scandal, and now a new, even more horrific one - we sacked a manager...!!

Marvin said:
Alarm bells ringing in my ears. Not seen the like of that since Hughes and Sven. Thought Mancini had drummed that careless couldn't be bothered attitude out of the club for good.

I had become convinced over the last few days that we were right to sack Mancini because the relationship with the players had broken down, but if that is the result then it's a disastrous move giving lazy players the green light to just pick up a pay cheque and amble through a game without a care in the world.

Today's match was a dead rubber. It will have no real impact going forward. Unless, of course, Brian Kidd is going to manage us next season.
I thought the team selection and subs were odd. But the lack of commitment from the players should send shudders down the spine of every City fan. Unprofessional and not worthy of so-called Champions.

We're not 'Champions' any more...!

I'm looking forward to a new style of attacking football under Pellegrini, something we have struggled massively with is breaking down teams and taking them apart when we are playing well. It will be a refreshing change and hopefully we'll see the shackles taken off a little and see us back scoring the most important thing... GOALS

Teams now have to rethink their way of playing against us because having read a little about Pellegrini's way of playing, we'll see methodical and ruthless attacking next year as opposed to dominating possession and letting that force a result. It's a bit early on a monday morning but the bloke seems to be pretty clued up on his tactics.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qDfThaxmTU&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

sincity said:
Ray78 said:

We'll soon see the effects of the 'iron fist' policy with Di Canio and Sunderland. Right now, he's fining anybody who even looks at him the wrong way. Even threatening to kick out players who don't fall in line. Soon, he'll either have the most disciplined team in the Premier League, or a total breakdown..

Watching his position with interest...suspect it'll be the latter of those outcomes & he won't last the season.

HorshamBlue said:
sincity said:
Ray78 said:

We'll soon see the effects of the 'iron fist' policy with Di Canio and Sunderland. Right now, he's fining anybody who even looks at him the wrong way. Even threatening to kick out players who don't fall in line. Soon, he'll either have the most disciplined team in the Premier League, or be found hanged upside down from a lamppost..
Corrected.
You can't be hanged upside down from a lamp post, it would defy the laws of physics.You could be hung however but then you wouldn't be hanged you would simply dangle upside down.

de niro said:
Blue Heaven said:
M24 Citizen said:

Tw@

Marvin said:

No such thing as a dead rubber when playing in front of 40,000 fans paying good money.
Totally agree I feel cheated out my hard earned £30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.