Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of emphasis on defending makes for some nervous moments (I think he'd rather win 3-2 than 1-0) but some of the football has been astonishing. The players clearly love having the shackles taken off and they attack attack attack. And that win in Munich despite having a weakened team out... Incredible night.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
I've not enjoyed watching us playing football this much before, and Pellegrini has to take a lot of credit for it. If he turns it into trophies I'll be delirious.
I've not enjoyed watching us play this much since I was about 8 years old, but that was a great time too, and I was only 8, so didn't really appreciate the finer points anyway. Its got to the point now where I'm even enjoying the games we're not so good in.

I'm slightly concerned the goals have dried up though ;o)

peoffrey said:
The lack of emphasis on defending makes for some nervous moments (I think he'd rather win 3-2 than 1-0) but some of the football has been astonishing. The players clearly love having the shackles taken off and they attack attack attack. And that win in Munich despite having a weakened team out... Incredible night.

...and that is the philosophy that he is bringing to the club - whichever team he uses, they play the same way. When he finally gets it across to everyone, we will have one hell of a squad in capability.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Tooth said:
akcity said:
Aside from the incorrect spelling this thread is a sensible idea!

I will admit that I wasn't convinced when his name was originally mooted as a successor to Mancini but he is fast turning me to believing that it may well be a master stroke by Mansour and his Board in employing Pellegrini.

The whole way that he conducts himself is first class and it's long overdue that we had a song in his honour...

We are not, we're not really sure
About the man we like to call the Engineer
We're not really sure

;)

I'll get your coat for you!

The lack of trophies worried me because Mancini was clearly from a winning background at all the Clubs he managed. His record at Inter was flattering because of the Calciopoli but he brought domestic success to City. It's still Pellegrini's first season so we need to be patient whilst he gets his ideas across but I've never been more optimistic.

akcity said:
peoffrey said:

...and that is the philosophy that he is bringing to the club - whichever team he uses, they play the same way. When he finally gets it across to everyone, we will have one hell of a squad in capability.

-- Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 pm --

Blue Tooth said:
akcity said:
Aside from the incorrect spelling this thread is a sensible idea!

I will admit that I wasn't convinced when his name was originally mooted as a successor to Mancini but he is fast turning me to believing that it may well be a master stroke by Mansour and his Board in employing Pellegrini.

The whole way that he conducts himself is first class and it's long overdue that we had a song in his honour...

About the man we like to call the Engineer
We're not really sure

;)

I'll get your coat for you!

Already wearing it and halfway out the door ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.