Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:
I think we will start dropping points soon, players are starting to look jaded. A combination of injury prone squad players and distrust in fringe players (hint: Fernandinho and Yaya have started more games than anyone else at the club this season) who are fit means overuse of key personnel. Negredo looks jaded, Nasri was a bit off colour against Swansea, it could be Fernandinho next.

Pellegrini tells the press he is happy with what he has, which is standard because he won't do a Mancini and go against the club, but he seemed more open to January spending today than before when asked. And I think one or two reinforcements could be crucial unless Jovetic, Rodwell and Micah start playing more.

I think it's just a case that the fringe players are so far behind and can't hold a candle to the first teamers.

We've been so spoilt at times with some breathtaking attacking football that we're expecting it all the time, when the fringe players come in they're nowhere near the same standard to deliver, I honestly think it's as simple as that.

With the amount of changes made, we go from a top Prem/Champ league side, to a mid table side.
The team was very experienced but coasted. Although I do agree that in midfield we don't have much cover. If you look at our midfield, it was very strong. We fell down with our performance in the final third. Silva was constantly on the ball looking to play someone on and there was only one forward on the move. Predictable

LoveCity said:
I think we will start dropping points soon, players are starting to look jaded. A combination of injury prone squad players and distrust in fringe players (hint: Fernandinho and Yaya have started more games than anyone else at the club this season) who are fit means overuse of key personnel. Negredo looks jaded, Nasri was a bit off colour against Swansea, it could be Fernandinho next.

Pellegrini tells the press he is happy with what he has, which is standard because he won't do a Mancini and go against the club, but he seemed more open to January spending today than before when asked. And I think one or two reinforcements could be crucial unless Jovetic, Rodwell and Micah start playing more.

Difficult to disagree. Our tempo has certainly dropped over the last 3 games (Palace, Swansea & Blackburn). Of course Aguero not being available hasn't helped. We are desperate for a pacey DM in the window to freshen things up.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:14 pm --<br /><br />My main concern is that we are failing to overlap and get behind defences. Zab's injury hasn't helped (and Boyata is useless at attacking). But Clichy looks jaded as well. Lets hope Jovetic, Rodwell & Micah can actually get fit to give the team a boost.

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

I think it's just a case that the fringe players are so far behind and can't hold a candle to the first teamers.

We've been so spoilt at times with some breathtaking attacking football that we're expecting it all the time, when the fringe players come in they're nowhere near the same standard to deliver, I honestly think it's as simple as that.

With the amount of changes made, we go from a top Prem/Champ league side, to a mid table side.
Nail on head apart from the last little bit

mcfc2607 said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

Probably a tad harsh but when I see Pants, Boyata, Lescott, Garcia and even Clichy of late, I'm watching mid table players.

Danamy said:
mcfc2607 said:
Danamy said:

Probably a tad harsh but when I see Pants, Boyata, Lescott, Garcia and even Clichy of late, I'm watching mid table players.

I'd say you're being polite with regards those players.

I remember how a very good Leeds side were challenging for everything but ended up with nothing.

We are so near you can almost taste the title , a cup would be very nice to mark our first double.. European progress has been achieved ..
Surely the Owners can see that a bit of reinforcing the assault on these fronts could make all the difference. I know its tricky mid season but we all know where we are weak and in some ways we have been lucky so far. Another Vinny or Zab injury or a yaya/fernandino red card could sink us.

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
mcfc2607 said:

Polite...? I've got a sneaky feeling that Danamy may be their agent.

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:
mcfc2607 said:

I was going to add Dzeko to the list but I didn't want the thread to be flooded with Bosnians. ;-)

BillyShears said:
waspish said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I agree with you. Aguero can't come back soon enough.

If we didn't have so many players who can't stay or get fit then we would not have this problem. Rodwell, Jovetic and Richards are three members of the first team squad yet between them have managed hardly any game time. They are costing us and the other played are having to work extra hard. Fernandinho has been totally over worked.

This jaded and overworked for some of our players is a worry and because of our attacking style when it gets to the las half dozen games of the season when teams near the bottom of the league will defend for there lives, if we lose that Spark energy we will drop points at home

Poor logic. Our squad is the strongest in the league. If we drop points so will our rivals.

Crazy that it takes only a draw for the flapping to become chronic again. Lord only knows how you'll react to a defeat.

Look understanding the criticism of my post but this is my worry and opinion come the business end of the season.. Hard to explain but when a team mind set is to attack not defend when it gets to the crunch time and we need a 1-0 hard fought scrappy win will we be capable of doing this?

waspish said:
BillyShears said:
waspish said:
This jaded and overworked for some of our players is a worry and because of our attacking style when it gets to the las half dozen games of the season when teams near the bottom of the league will defend for there lives, if we lose that Spark energy we will drop points at home

Poor logic. Our squad is the strongest in the league. If we drop points so will our rivals.

Crazy that it takes only a draw for the flapping to become chronic again. Lord only knows how you'll react to a defeat.

Look understanding the criticism of my post but this is my worry and opinion come the business end of the season.. Hard to explain but when a team mind set is to attack not defend when it gets to the crunch time and we need a 1-0 hard fought scrappy win will we be capable of doing this?

Yes. Palace and Liverpool were great examples. We will win the league this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.