Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
He's no Steve Coppell.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. The manager made no investments, our DoF did, the same under the previous manager.

Our manager has won nothing in European competition despite 20 years within it. Madridistas called him Pelleegrini. Thee aren't subjective jabs, they are verifiable facts.

Nobody is upset with the manager. Some are more convinced than others. That's ok, nobody needs this type of dogmatic shite again. It's a post that is dying for someone to pull out one sentence and turn it into a 6 month argument and it's absolute bollocks.

The manager is doing ok. His subs are questionable against lower opposition and have cos us points this year. The defence is dodgy due to this and injury.

Outside of those comments, this thread is meaningless.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!

Just when you thought the last of the Robertohicans had slipped off over the horizon forever, out comes the daddy of them all. Fucking Damocles.

Brilliant stuff. Fucking brilliant. "Doing ok". "Made no investments".

Oh my life, I thought you'd learnt your lesson.

I fail to see why you rise to these sort of comments and start spitting feathers time and time again if you feel they are so risible and counter them with juvenile playground jibes, thus causing the thread to descend into the ridiculous again.

Why not just discuss the manager ?

To be fair, I think Damocles achieved that all by himself.......

cleavers said:
One things for sure, reading that interview, those with a craving for clean sheets, and more complete defending, are going to be disappointed, because he is only going to play one way, attack attack attack.

Personally I'm glad he is, and yes it probably will lose us the odd game, but its great to watch, and if he pulls it off then it will ceratinly be the best season any of us have ever watched.

I like the idea that he seems to be motivated by proving Real wrong, that can only be a positive focus, and I'm sure he's in the heads of all the players saying that we are better than Real were when he was there, a season they broke Real's own records. If you are a player in this squad listening to this how can you be motivated by it, whether you are Sergio, VK, Jimmy or even Javi ? You must feel that you won't ever have a better chance, to be the best you will achieve in your career, that must be a great feeling as a player, and its great that he is giving all the players their chances.

It would be good if this thread doesn't get hijacked by personal insults too, lets keep it for discussing Pellegrini, and not for comparing him to others.

I'll hold my hands up, I have a craving for clean sheets and more complete defending. Why? Because I believe a more pragmatic approach would deliver us the title, and I'm not convinced this 'basketball' style of football will. However, if we continue playing like this, home and away, against all opposition, and we go on to win the title, I'll be the first to come on here and eat a large portion of humble pie.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Pablo1 said:
He's doing a tremendous job and we're lucky to have him. I go into each game expecting to see a brand of football that makes me smile and he's not disappointed so far.

I'd be quite content to win nowt season on season - just watching the kind of football we've had this half season.
I've read a few post like this recently
It is great football atm but it's all abt trophys for me
And playing the way we are I'm sure we will have added a couple come may :)

Pablo1 said:
He's doing a tremendous job and we're lucky to have him. I go into each game expecting to see a brand of football that makes me smile and he's not disappointed so far.

I'd be quite content to win nowt season on season - just watching the kind of football we've had this half season.

See I just don't get this and your view has been shared by a number of posters. Winning is everything. If Chelsea win the league with a more pragmatic approach i know for a fact who the happier set of supporters will be and I can assure you it wont be us regardless of how pretty the football has been.

Pablo1 said:

I love our current football and I know where youre coming from..... but that statement makes no sense when ultimately,as a result of our fantastic play,the end product has to be winning trophies,only such can truly measure our success and elevate us amongst the greats.

From the evidence so far,i think we can achieve both:-)

hgblue said:
cleavers said:
One things for sure, reading that interview, those with a craving for clean sheets, and more complete defending, are going to be disappointed, because he is only going to play one way, attack attack attack.

Personally I'm glad he is, and yes it probably will lose us the odd game, but its great to watch, and if he pulls it off then it will ceratinly be the best season any of us have ever watched.

I like the idea that he seems to be motivated by proving Real wrong, that can only be a positive focus, and I'm sure he's in the heads of all the players saying that we are better than Real were when he was there, a season they broke Real's own records. If you are a player in this squad listening to this how can you be motivated by it, whether you are Sergio, VK, Jimmy or even Javi ? You must feel that you won't ever have a better chance, to be the best you will achieve in your career, that must be a great feeling as a player, and its great that he is giving all the players their chances.

It would be good if this thread doesn't get hijacked by personal insults too, lets keep it for discussing Pellegrini, and not for comparing him to others.

I'll hold my hands up, I have a craving for clean sheets and more complete defending. Why? Because I believe a more pragmatic approach would deliver us the title, and I'm not convinced this 'basketball' style of football will. However, if we continue playing like this, home and away, against all opposition, and we go on to win the title, I'll be the first to come on here and eat a large portion of humble pie.

Basketball Style? How insulting is that we are playing entertaining attacking football that is a joy to watch and we are winning games you feel free to sneer the rest of us will continue to enjoy it

The cookie monster said:
Pablo1 said:

I've read a few post like this recently
It is great football atm but it's all abt trophys for me
And playing the way we are I'm sure we will have added a couple come may :)

Don't know how old you are, but, personally, after the best part of 40 years watching mostly shite, it ain't about trophies for me, and whilst winning some would be great, I'm with Pablo & Mr Ewing's back 'eader 100%.

Ultimately MP's brand of football will win trophies anyway, it's just this season in transition that may suffer although I'd be shocked if we didn't pick up some silverware. I actually think that today is crucial, get 3 points and I think we're well on track for the Prem.

By the time next season kicks off we'll have strengthened at centre half and left back and with a more complete defence we will sweep all before us next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.