Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
A fearsome line up. Dream team ;-)

You can see why the dapper don was a big inspiration for our ageing dream team.

u1rn.jpg

BillyShears said:
sir baconface said:
Here is yet another person in the camp who appreciated Mancini and now appreciate Pellegrini. Time has moved on. Will the more gobby outers please take note that it's not binary? There are clearly quite a few of us who think this way.

If you want a position that's hard to reconcile it is those on the high ground praising Pellers who originally called for Mourinho to replace Bob. Not that I want to rake over old coals of course.

Why is that hard to reconcile. Mou is ten times the manager Mancini is and would have been a big upgrade on the Italian. So no I don't want to rake over old coals either but it seems to me you're continuing the ignorance of those who worship Mancini yet squawk about what a dick Mou is. They're cut from the same cloth only Mou is clearly the better manager and coach.

Less of the "ignorance" please. You seem to have difficulty making a point without being condescending.

I was struggling to reconcile lauding Mourinho with subscribing to Pellers' totally different style. And I still am since your response was nothing more than an anti-Mancini rant.

Manuel has been excellent so far, seems to have adapted really well. Completely unflustered by Mourinho's attempted mind tricks, and has the team happy and motivated.
Keep up the good work, might end up being the finest of seasons.

sir baconface said:
BillyShears said:
sir baconface said:
Here is yet another person in the camp who appreciated Mancini and now appreciate Pellegrini. Time has moved on. Will the more gobby outers please take note that it's not binary? There are clearly quite a few of us who think this way.

If you want a position that's hard to reconcile it is those on the high ground praising Pellers who originally called for Mourinho to replace Bob. Not that I want to rake over old coals of course.

Why is that hard to reconcile. Mou is ten times the manager Mancini is and would have been a big upgrade on the Italian. So no I don't want to rake over old coals either but it seems to me you're continuing the ignorance of those who worship Mancini yet squawk about what a dick Mou is. They're cut from the same cloth only Mou is clearly the better manager and coach.

Less of the "ignorance" please. You seem to have difficulty making a point without being condescending.

I was struggling to reconcile lauding Mourinho with subscribing to Pellers' totally different style. And I still am since your response was nothing more than an anti-Mancini rant.

Please can you talk about him in his own thread?

Like a bad dream that won't go away that man.

tiptopcheshireblue said:
Manuel has been excellent so far, seems to have adapted really well. Completely unflustered by Mourinho's attempted mind tricks, and has the team happy and motivated.
Pellegrini has been an absolute revelation. I think us City fans have been very modest about him compared with Mancini. He has even got Javi Garcia playing some decent football and making him contribute to the team which is an achievement in itself. Hopefully when we win a couple of trophies we will start chanting his name.

I loved Mancini but I feel Pellegrini is 5x the manager Roberto ever was. It's the truth.

The best comparison I can make to back up my claim is that Roberto struggled to implement the 3-5-2 system badly at the start of last season in an attempt to make us an attacking team. It failed spectacularly.

Pellegrini has come in and simply bought two players we badly needed in Navas and Negredo at a cost of £30 million. More importantly he has improved Kolarov and told Zabaleta to keep bombing forward but maintain the 4-4-2 formation. That is all that was needed but Mancini was stumped.

I think this is an interesting question but I don't want it to descend into a typical BM meltdown type of thing.

Anyone wonder what Pellegrini could do with Balotelli? I think if he was in this squad now playing under this manager the sky would be the limit for him. His last 12 months here were ruined by the lost respect between him and Mancini and in the end it was right to let him go. And although I'm not yearning for Balotelli and I'm not interested in him coming back but I do think this environment and this manager could get him playing at a level he wouldn't otherwise be playing at.

I also understand that part of the problem before was having four strikers of Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli so for arguements sake let's say Tevez and Dzeko were sold so there were Negredo, Aguero and Mario.

de niro said:
bob pellers and jose are all top top managers. just in different ways.

Please stop this radical third way but correct thinking. Black and white views only

ste.sully said:
tiptopcheshireblue said:
Pellegrini has been an absolute revelation. I think us City fans have been very modest about him compared with Mancini. He has even got Javi Garcia playing some decent football and making him contribute to the team which is an achievement in itself. Hopefully when we win a couple of trophies we will start chanting his name.

I loved Mancini but I feel Pellegrini is 5x the manager Roberto ever was. It's the truth.

The best comparison I can make to back up my claim is that Roberto struggled to implement the 3-5-2 system badly at the start of last season in an attempt to make us an attacking team. It failed spectacularly.

Pellegrini has come in and simply bought two players we badly needed in Navas and Negredo at a cost of £30 million. More importantly he has improved Kolarov and told Zabaleta to keep bombing forward but maintain the 4-4-2 formation. That is all that was needed but Mancini was stumped.

I think Roberto CAN be as good as Pellegrini but his immaturity and fieriness hold him back way more than he will ever allow himself to understand. It is that side of it that holds him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.