Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
bob pellers and jose are all top top managers. just in different ways.

Delighted you've moved on from this boss.

de niro said:
truth is pelli is not an upgrade on mancini, if anything he's below him on many fronts. but mancini wasn't sacked for football reasons, he was just too powerful for millican and nesmitt to contend with.

you are either a football club or you are not.

which is it city?

:)

Blue Elmo said:
At first, with the inconsistency we had at the start of the season, and not a visible amount of 'bite' in his personality, I wasn't completely convinced. But there came a point where it clicked that this isn't your stereotypical successful manager. Normally, it is a combination of personality and tactical awareness that brings results, but Pellegrini is completely different. He is ruthless in the way he gets us to play and then keeps it cool as if he expects nothing less. It's deceptive on his part, to be so calm and at ease, yet to have such an aggressive team. He keeps everything in the dressing room and he doesn't give anything away, making us even more difficult to suss out. It may not be traditional, but he is getting the job done at the moment. I am convinced by our style of play, and our ability, but in the coming months is where Pellegrini will be tested as to whether he can bring home the bacon so to speak. There have been doubts over him with him not winning a lot of trophies, but I believe if he can carry on like he is, he could bring us success with ease.

Good post. Far too often on here the discussion is framed in terms of 'pro-Pellegrini' or 'anti-Pellegrini'. Probably a hangover from the long running Mancini debate. In fact, there are only really two questions that remain regarding the manager: 1. Do you believe style of play to be more important than winning trophies? If you do then your mind is probably already made up about Pellegrini. 2. If you don't believe style of play is more important than winning trophies, do you believe this style of play will deliver the big trophies? Speaking as a self confessed 'trophy whore', who doesn't consider the term to be an insult, this is the only big question that remains, The players seem happy, the goals are flying in, the manager seems confident and relaxed, the results away from home have improved, all duly noted and acknowledged. Does this all culminate in Vincent Kompany raising that Premiership trophy above his head at the end of the season? If it does, my application for the Pellegrini appreciation society will be straight in the post.

Ducado said:
Blue Elmo said:
At first, with the inconsistency we had at the start of the season, and not a visible amount of 'bite' in his personality, I wasn't completely convinced. But there came a point where it clicked that this isn't your stereotypical successful manager. Normally, it is a combination of personality and tactical awareness that brings results, but Pellegrini is completely different. He is ruthless in the way he gets us to play and then keeps it cool as if he expects nothing less. It's deceptive on his part, to be so calm and at ease, yet to have such an aggressive team. He keeps everything in the dressing room and he doesn't give anything away, making us even more difficult to suss out. It may not be traditional, but he is getting the job done at the moment. I am convinced by our style of play, and our ability, but in the coming months is where Pellegrini will be tested as to whether he can bring home the bacon so to speak. There have been doubts over him with him not winning a lot of trophies, but I believe if he can carry on like he is, he could bring us success with ease.

To be fair far too many were quick to rush to judgement, whilst a few of us could see what he was doing and were patient knowing that it would not be an overnight change

Nice post by Elmo.

Regardless of what level of prescience one had regarding Pellegrini, it was, and to some degree remains, the case that rusing to judgement is a dangerous way to form your views. Too many people seemed to form opinions on the basis of litle knowledge of the man. I can't claim to be an expert on his past but I saw enough of Villareal to mark him out as a man who might be worth having at City (I think the comparison at te time was with Pearce!). I can only reiterate that we need to see how thing s pan out, we have won nothing yet but getting to 103 goals bynthis stage of the season is a truly spectacular achievement; albeit one for which you don't get a prize but you should earn some respect.

ste.sully said:
tiptopcheshireblue said:
Manuel has been excellent so far, seems to have adapted really well. Completely unflustered by Mourinho's attempted mind tricks, and has the team happy and motivated.
Keep up the good work, might end up being the finest of seasons.
Pellegrini has been an absolute revelation. I think us City fans have been very modest about him compared with Mancini. He has even got Javi Garcia playing some decent football and making him contribute to the team which is an achievement in itself. Hopefully when we win a couple of trophies we will start chanting his name.

I loved Mancini but I feel Pellegrini is 5x the manager Roberto ever was. It's the truth.

The best comparison I can make to back up my claim is that Roberto struggled to implement the 3-5-2 system badly at the start of last season in an attempt to make us an attacking team. It failed spectacularly.

Pellegrini has come in and simply bought two players we badly needed in Navas and Negredo at a cost of £30 million. More importantly he has improved Kolarov and told Zabaleta to keep bombing forward but maintain the 4-4-2 formation. That is all that was needed but Mancini was stumped.

This isn't a criticism of pellers - this season is the best football I've ever watched. But I'm not convinced he signed negredo and navas. I think we may have even signed a couple of players before he came in. But all the same they are all top players.

blue ranger said:
ste.sully said:
tiptopcheshireblue said:
Manuel has been excellent so far, seems to have adapted really well. Completely unflustered by Mourinho's attempted mind tricks, and has the team happy and motivated.
Pellegrini has been an absolute revelation. I think us City fans have been very modest about him compared with Mancini. He has even got Javi Garcia playing some decent football and making him contribute to the team which is an achievement in itself. Hopefully when we win a couple of trophies we will start chanting his name.

I loved Mancini but I feel Pellegrini is 5x the manager Roberto ever was. It's the truth.

The best comparison I can make to back up my claim is that Roberto struggled to implement the 3-5-2 system badly at the start of last season in an attempt to make us an attacking team. It failed spectacularly.

Pellegrini has come in and simply bought two players we badly needed in Navas and Negredo at a cost of £30 million. More importantly he has improved Kolarov and told Zabaleta to keep bombing forward but maintain the 4-4-2 formation. That is all that was needed but Mancini was stumped.

This isn't a criticism of pellers - this season is the best football I've ever watched. But I'm not convinced he signed negredo and navas. I think we may have even signed a couple of players before he came in. But all the same they are all top players.

Pellegrini was lined-up well before he signed on the dotted line. I would think Txiki discussed all the signings with him.

blue ranger said:
ste.sully said:
tiptopcheshireblue said:

Does it matter who signed them. They play the way he wants them to play and bought in to his style

Ducado said:
To be fair far too many were quick to rush to judgement
May 2013 if I remember rightly, even before he was actually appointed.

I'll admit I knew nothing about him, as I didn't follow Spanish (or any other national) football closely, and though a couple of wise sages told me what to expect, I will admit I was still sceptical, but I was more than happy to wait and see what he could do. They were right, well in fact they weren't 100% right, because its far better than they told me. and I never dreamed we would be playing football like we are.

Blue Elmo said:

A very good post.

It's also useful that he provides the press with precious little fodder. Our talking is currently being done on the pitch.

OB1 said:
Ducado said:
Blue Elmo said:

To be fair far too many were quick to rush to judgement, whilst a few of us could see what he was doing and were patient knowing that it would not be an overnight change

Nice post by Elmo.

Regardless of what level of prescience one had regarding Pellegrini, it was, and to some degree remains, the case that rusing to judgement is a dangerous way to form your views. Too many people seemed to form opinions on the basis of litle knowledge of the man. I can't claim to be an expert on his past but I saw enough of Villareal to mark him out as a man who might be worth having at City.
You like many others on here were unsure abt him early last year
Won sweet fuck all & not really an upgrade,your words
He's proven a lot of folk wrong atm,me included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.