Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
You like many others on here were unsure abt him early last year
Won sweet fuck all & not really an upgrade,your words
He's proven a lot of folk wrong atm,me included

He's making a lot of us eat our words which I imagine most of us are more than happy to do!

Its only dragged on for so long on here because of a couple of mouth breathers still bitter about mancinis success trying to tell everyone how right they were at every given opportunity.

Unbelievable footy, the highest standard in our history no doubt, but if we don't win the Prem it will probably all kick off again :-)

de niro said:
mad zab said:
de niro said:
bob pellers and jose are all top top managers. just in different ways.

I believe the difference is that Pellegrini and Mourinho are better at man management.

seems that way. I just wish a bit of bob's defensive know how could be put back into our side.
If the defenders (and other players) do their jobs and pick up their opponents it shouldn't be a problem. Yesterday's conceded goals were nothing to do with the system but more to do with lapses in concentration.

de niro said:
mad zab said:
de niro said:
bob pellers and jose are all top top managers. just in different ways.

I believe the difference is that Pellegrini and Mourinho are better at man management.

seems that way. I just wish a bit of bob's defensive know how could be put back into our side.

I'd always had the impression you understood football, obviously not.

The cookie monster said:
OB1 said:
Ducado said:
To be fair far too many were quick to rush to judgement, whilst a few of us could see what he was doing and were patient knowing that it would not be an overnight change

Nice post by Elmo.

Regardless of what level of prescience one had regarding Pellegrini, it was, and to some degree remains, the case that rusing to judgement is a dangerous way to form your views. Too many people seemed to form opinions on the basis of litle knowledge of the man. I can't claim to be an expert on his past but I saw enough of Villareal to mark him out as a man who might be worth having at City.
You like many others on here were unsure abt him early last year
Won sweet fuck all & not really an upgrade,your words
He's proven a lot of folk wrong atm,me included

He wasn't my first choice and my biggest concern was that he hadn't won a meaningful trophy in Europe; however, I thought about it, did some homework, listened to knowledgeable people and decided before he actually joined that I was very happy with the appointment. My "mistake" was that I had Pellegrini the six to ten range of possible replacements for Mancini. Also, 11 months or so ago, I was not into the idea of sacking Bobby in favour of Manny: I liked Mancini and appreciated the fact that he won things; that view steadily changed.

Regardless of any of that, I would have taken my time to judge him. I'm still not rushng into judgement of just how good he is. We need to see some trophies and only time can answer all the questions about Pellegrini. I can imagine what I will have to say about Pellegrini when he has had three seasons in charge but I can't know if I will be right. I am happy to sacrifice te odd trophy if this level of entertainment continues but I hate us losing and I do want lots of silverware.

BTW, you scoffed when I put Wenger in my top three replacements; still scoffing? And let's not go anywhere near Martinez.

Forzacitizens said:
Big test for him v spurs and Chelsea

Yeah, I completely agree. The way the league's unfolding and the way we've been performing - anything less than six points from those two games will be hugely disappointing. We are the best team in the league, but we can't call ourselves that unless we win the big matches this season, because that's where we'll win the league.

Pellegrini will have many decisions in both games. Be interesting to see what he does and how we line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.