Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
malg said:
jimharri said:
Just caught his post match comments regarding the Toons' ''goal'' and Yanga Mbiwa's assault on Samir. He was not a happy bunny, but he was bang on.
Not heard it, any chance of a heads up on what was said?
More the way he said it really. he was adamant that the Toons' ''goal'' was offside, and he was convinced that the tackle (loose definition of the term) should have earned a red card. It was the way he looked; proper ''hold me back'', it was!

jimharri said:
malg said:
jimharri said:
Just caught his post match comments regarding the Toons' ''goal'' and Yanga Mbiwa's assault on Samir. He was not a happy bunny, but he was bang on.
Not heard it, any chance of a heads up on what was said?
More the way he said it really. he was adamant that the Toons' ''goal'' was offside, and he was convinced that the tackle (loose definition of the term) should have earned a red card. It was the way he looked; proper ''hold me back'', it was!

But he's just a softie.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
SrilankanBlue said:
[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdzHMvKIYAAk_BX.jpg:large[/bigimg]

Like it, Ruben Cousillas was going nuts
Up to this point I assumed he was a stuffed corpse, as its the first time I've seen any discernible sign of life.

PMSL............I too wondered for ages if Ruben was "borrowed" from Madame Tussards.

A mate of mine that is a Malaga fan said the one thing we will learn to love about Pellegrini is he is a father figure to his players, Mr Nice Guy until someone crosses someone he cares about and he genuinely does care about his players, think we saw this for the first time properly today

New here so may have missed lots of previous talk, but I think you've gotta give, whether you like his "style" or not, respect for the man. Besides the fact that today certainly demonstrated the steel of the man, he sees football more completely rather than as something that is just "attacking" or "defending" or whatever. Yes, he said it, we focused on it, and the media keeps talking about "attacking" football and what not, but I think if you look at his tactics and substitutions, he's far more versatile than that. After all, just like a solid defense launches an attack, a good attacking play will nullify strictly defensive measures. It's never really one or the other and he seems to play his cards based on that variety. His football is total and that includes "style" which is a fancy word for cementing a method of football. You can win one trophy with alleged "pragmatic" methods, but you don't leave a mark with that alone. It is literally a 'brand' of football and massive teams like barca is a style of playmaking first before anything else. And his method is kinda leaving dividends with half a season. Etihad is a fortress now and that mark reflects the mental game that takes its toll on other teams and our own players. It's no wonder this man was so respected. He plays a different game, that in the short terms may seem naive, but potentially can be very fruitful. If not this season, his molding and foundation will certainly be worth something the next I think. He's certainly a builder and not simply someone who mix and matches. I will give this man time - not only for his football - but for his capacity otherwise in other aspects of his overall management. I just have a suspicion that he doesn't need more time considering how arguably well he's transitioned. Oh btw, Ruben is hilarious. He needs memes and a ridiculous twitter handle.

peoffrey said:
I could have come to England at that moment, I had the option but I chose to stay in Spain. I chose Málaga because it was a challenge and I was very happy there but of course you cannot win the title with Málaga or Villarreal. It is impossible. But Manchester City can win a title in England. I am sure of that.

Anyone know which club made Pellegrini an offer? I remember his name being linked at Chelsea but he's surely too wise to go there.

I've been discussing Pellegrini with a few Blues who's opinions I trust and respect (Blues who know more about football than I do) and the general consensus is that the football is exciting and a means to an end. We'll just outscore opponents and teams will be frightened to take us on properly. Just look at our home form recently!

It was widely commented here in Chile, that PSG made him an offer, but he was always interested in working in England, so accepted the City offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.