Pellegrini's substitutions last night

It's been a feature of his tenure to some extent.

I sense the love for Pellers growing and growing the more sure we become that he's leaving.

It's gonna be an absolute tearfest at the end of the season if we win the trophies we're favourites to win.

This Charming Man.

It wasn't until on the way home I realised this. I was gutted and bemused to see Yaya come off, but that's the sub that won us the game, at least in normal time.

Credit where credit is due, well done Pellegrini.

He takes a lot of flak on here when things go wrong, so it's only fair he gets credit when he gets it right.

Thought his substitutions were very good last night, and won us the game. Taking Toure and Delph off was a brave move, but the introduction of Navas and De Bruyne helped stretch Everton's defence, and we looked really good in the second half.

Good on him.

I think his substitutions have changed numerous games for us in the past two months or so. Won us the game last night, nicked a point from West Ham, turned the game at Waford from 1-0 down to 2-1, won the game at Swansea and Gladbach.

For all of the criticisms of him, some fair and some not, he is extremely good at getting it right in terms of changing the game with his subs.

I think when you see KDB coming on and Sterling thinking he is the 1 to go off and he takes off Yaya. Not only was it a good move but it also boosted Sterling. It gave him a least of life and he done well attacking Stones and got his reward with setting up KDBs goal. He will be key now with KDB out and its his time to get a consistant run of form where he is creating goals or scoring goals.

Odd. As soon as Silva went off pressure increased, we lost control, they started holding it better outside the box, and mr mobile did pretty much his impression of showing up to the party late, but hey lets pretend it was a wise move right. it wasnt. it was stupid.

Sweet Jesus. That's because we'd just scored and they had to come at us. As it was they barely threatened.

An incredible opinion.

His substitutions were spot on, as they more often than not are. I wish he'd start with the right formation sometimes! When I saw last nights line up it looked good to me, but playing Yaya behind Delph and Dinho was a surprise to me. It gave Barkley too much room and he caused us a lot of problems. When Dinho marked him he drifted out of the game.

We always seem to start with the wrong team and need to go behind to get going.

Last night we were daft enough to start with a 442 diamond (believe me we did) with Toure as the anchor, Delph inside left, Fernandinho inside right and Silva at the tip moving into any gaps their Centre Backs would leave as Sterling and Aguero pulled both full backs wide.

Now in theory that sounds shrewd but this left Ross Barkley running 1 on 1 against Toure and could have cost us dearly. Just how did Pellegrini allow their biggest threat to have a 45 minutes to run Toure ragged. Now wonder Delph looked rubbish as he couldn't confidently push forward without fearing any breakdown in play would leave Barkley exposing Toure.

In the end this tactical cock up forced us to waste a substitute that really should not have been required. We then had to play 5 minutes of stoppage with 10 men and if Everton had scored we'd have struggled to win it in extra time with 10 men.

My message to Pellegrini is select your pattern of play, which doesn't involve Toure as a holding midfielder, and bloody stick to it.

I thought Delph was unlucky to have been subbed personally. Yaya was the man that should have been subbed for Navas's arrival.
I disagree. Watched it a copiltof times now, on the average Yaya was pretty good. And of the 5 midfielders on the field, I'd say only Dihno was having a better game. Yaya was linking up very well with everyone.Delph was having a decent game too, but nothing close to Yaya's.

I disagree. Watched it a copiltof times now, on the average Yaya was pretty good. And of the 5 midfielders on the field, I'd say only Dihno was having a better game. Yaya was linking up very well with everyone.Delph was having a decent game too, but nothing close to Yaya's.

I disagree, I thought the game was passing him by and Barkley was running him ragged. As soon as Fernandinho went into his position we controlled the game.

Sweet Jesus. That's because we'd just scored and they had to come at us. As it was they barely threatened.

An incredible opinion.

Not to mention because it's also stone wrong on Fernando's contribution, DD. I can remember two or three vital blocks, tackles and headers on the edge of our box, one of which led to the counter where Navas was chopped off at the knee (Atkinson waved play on naturally). Sending on a defensive midfielder for the last 10 minutes to try and close a game out is hardly controversial stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.