Penalties - Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

cleavers said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
At the end of the day, wasn't all this about the shirt sales?
I thought pre-season was all about getting players fit for the important work starting in 2 weeks time ?

If that was the case, we might aswell just do that over here on home soil. I think you're partially right about fitness, but it's more than that. It's evident the club want to push on in this global brand idea.

cleavers said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I thought pre-season was all about getting players fit for the important work starting in 2 weeks time ?

If that is all it is about then why not stay at Carrington?
With FFP in mind, we need a slice of the booming market there in the US of A.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
All joking aside. I'm not entirely sure where we're going with this US tour stuff. If we're pushing our brand... surely it's not a good thing having a few individuals making us look like right amateurs?

Given the choice, I don't think any coach would go all the way to the USA to play on a dodgy surface. Obviously commercial and bigger interests at play

But we've played some good football with a lot of fringe players.

pre-season positives:

Caballero - what a stonking back up for Hart, very assured
Clichy at RB - wtf? nobody saw that coming surely?
Kolarov - looks like he has improved again
Zuculini - eager to take the ball in dangerous deep-mid areas and distribute forward well
Fernando - has excellent positional sense and a very good tackler
Navas - not lost his flaming heels yet!
Jovetic - wowzers, if he keeps up this form and stays injury free, he could be our star player.

If a penalty could sum up a persons personality then Richards was perfection. Erratic,wild and comical. It looks much worse in slow mo. The wry smile at the end almost makes you think Pellers told him do the worst penalty ever and lets go home early.

Marvin said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
All joking aside. I'm not entirely sure where we're going with this US tour stuff. If we're pushing our brand... surely it's not a good thing having a few individuals making us look like right amateurs?

Given the choice, I don't think any coach would go all the way to the USA to play on a dodgy surface. Obviously commercial and bigger interests at play

But we've played some good football with a lot of fringe players.

Chelsea have opted against whoring out their brand this summer. Apparently Mourinho didn't want it and they are doing low key training and friendlies in Europe. Can't help but feel that is the smart thing to do from a FOOTBALLING perspective, if not a commercial perspective. Their players will have traveled less and their pre-season will have been more controlled than City/United/Liverpool's.

citymad said:
If a penalty could sum up a persons personality then Richards was perfection. Erratic,wild and comical. It looks much worse in slow mo. The wry smile at the end almost makes you think Pellers told him do the worst penalty ever and lets go home early.

The nets could have been 10 feet by 10 yards instead of 8 by 8 and he still wouldn't have scored. It's a shame his City career has just petered away and he'll be lucky to play in the Championship he's plummeted so far imo.

The Black Shed said:
pre-season positives:

Caballero - what a stonking back up for Hart, very assured
Clichy at RB - wtf? nobody saw that coming surely?
Kolarov - looks like he has improved again
Zuculini - eager to take the ball in dangerous deep-mid areas and distribute forward well
Fernando - has excellent positional sense and a very good tackler
Navas - not lost his flaming heels yet!
Jovetic - wowzers, if he keeps up this form and stays injury free, he could be our star player.

The first half with most of these players in was much better than the second that's for sure.

I'm not sure Willy will be a back up. Hart was useless last night. Awful for the second goal.

Kolorov is excellent going forward but still has his moments at the back and the rotation with Clichy should continue depending on who we play.

Navas and Jovetic are the real bonus this pre season and the latter is like a new signing as long as he stays fit!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
citymad said:

The nets could have been 10 feet by 10 yards instead of 8 by 8 and he still wouldn't have scored. It's a shame his City career has just petered away and he'll be lucky to play in the Championship he's plummeted so far imo.

I never thought I'd laugh so much when watching a City player miss a penalty

cibaman said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
citymad said:

I never thought I'd laugh so much when watching a City player miss a penalty

It was comedy gold.

Nobody at City wanted to win that game and i'd say Micah followed orders and took one for the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.