Penalties - Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

jimharri said:
If we had a full strength side on the pitch at the end of extra time, who would your first 5 penalty takers be? Mine?
Aguero
Yaya
Dzeko
Nasri
Kolarov

maybe milner too. he took a fair few for villa

MC-alexander-FC said:
jimharri said:
If we had a full strength side on the pitch at the end of extra time, who would your first 5 penalty takers be? Mine?
Aguero
Yaya
Dzeko
Nasri
Kolarov

Jovetic? He can take penalties aswell quite well. I wouldn't trust Dzeko on penalty kick..

Aguero
Kolarov
Yaya Toure
Jovetic
Nasri
+ if needed
Navas
Silva
Milner

this would be my penalty taker list.

Not worried about the penalty shootout one bit. It was low stakes and the players put half effort into them. Im actually fine with Yaya and Kolarov missing theirs as its less stats for their scout books. there is a likely chance we might get a penalty against Mignolet in the league in a more high stakes match.

Well Pellers and the coaching staff didnt look bothered either. He only showed interest when Nacho scored his and said something to Txiki.

MeatHunterrr said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
jimharri said:
Aguero
Yaya
Dzeko
Nasri
Kolarov

Jovetic? He can take penalties aswell quite well. I wouldn't trust Dzeko on penalty kick..

Aguero
Kolarov
Yaya Toure
Jovetic
Nasri
+ if needed
Navas
Silva
Milner

haha me either, somthing about him would make me feel very uncomfortable whilst watching him step up to the spot

Plain Speaking said:
If we want to win trophies we need to have better preparation for winning on penalties. The performance last night was embarrassing in the shootout.
Mignolet seemed to be studying pre-prepared notes indicating where are players were most likely to shoot. We were complaining about the end it was to be taken at.
Ideally we should have the most recent input from opposition's penalty practice for our goalies to study. When Moyes' rags went out of the cup to Sunderland they gave one of the worst team performances in a shoot out but VDG got them to score 5 from 5 in the recent shoot out with Roma.

Winning trophies gives prestige plus more fans and income. Please lets see better preparation for penalties in future.

OMG...What the fuck is that all about?

MeatHunterrr said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
jimharri said:
Aguero
Yaya
Dzeko
Nasri
Kolarov

Aguero
Kolarov
Yaya Toure
Jovetic
Nasri
+ if needed
Navas
Silva
Milner

Would he be in your strongest XI though?

tumblr_m7spdfYOuv1qdn065o1_500.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.