Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Pep said that Kev was knackered after chasing the ball down for the penalty, he was certainly puffing hard in the final 15?

Sounds plausible that Raheem also asserted his desire to take it it, wanting to get his own numbers up, which would also lend itself to Pep praising Sterling in the aftermath for having the courage to step forward, perhaps?

You never know with Pep when he is just protecting people in public.

Being knackered is a piss poor excuse for not taking a penalty he made out of nothing.

Kev could have hit the target (although he missed against the dippers) off a one step run up.

Sterling is a liability when it comes to penalties.

Would have preferred Gundo or Zinchenko perhaps.

Gundogan for me.

* Would like to see ederson take one though

* Only in a game where we are 3,4,goals up and the result is not in doubt.

Kev or the Good Dog

But I do have a rather odd anti left footed penalty taker thing going on, that I cannot seem to either adequately explain or shake off

Not sure what you mean there Gaz.

Talking of Ederson, I think we may as well give him a chance. If he misses we can't really blame him when our star players miss so regularly between them.
Think I'm being Clarkied here ( Emerson, Lake and Palmer 70's Brit prog rock play on names )
I don't care who takes them but I like them to look confident like Lee, Yaya and mad Mario each of those lads backed themselves to score.

Pep said it would be disrespectful to the other keeper if Ederson was allowed to take one.
Only chance would be in a Penalty shoot out.

In theory, as long as you inform the referee, at the point the game stops for the award of the penalty, Kyle Walker (if on the field) could put on a pre printed goalkeeper shirt and Ederson an out field shirt, and for the duration until the ball next going dead, i.e. immediately if we score or the next time the ball leaves the field, their positions are changed. Once the ball is dead, they change their shirts again and the game resumes as normal. All perfectly legal although unusual I admit.
Would we really do that? Just get an outfield player that can score from 12 yards FFS ( and I don’t mean Mahrez)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.