Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
It's not like we're taking a penalty in front of a baying Kop end at Anfield in the last minute and it gets the better of the taker and they sky it (yes, I know we'd never get awarded a penalty in such circumstances but my point still stands). There should be very little pressure on a taker in the current empty stadiums.
At most clubs someone is the king penalty taker. They are licking their chops at the prospect of burying it, padding their stats, showing they've got the balls and the skill to step up and score. With Fernandes, Milner, Vardy they exude confidence from the moment they pick up the ball and put it on the spot. You don't expect them to miss. With City, it's the total opposite - everyone shies away and hopes someone else will volunteer to take it.
The whole thing is bizarre and it needs sorting.

That fella last night looked terrified taking the pen. Oh the pressure, 1-0 up, injury time in an empty stadium. No nasty scousers booing. Jesus wept.

Let the youngsters have a go. Foden or Torres, provided they’re on the pitch.
They can’t do any worse than the rest of them.

That fella last night looked terrified taking the pen. Oh the pressure, 1-0 up, injury time in an empty stadium. No nasty scousers booing. Jesus wept.
I bet there wasn't a single City fan that was confident he would put that away. Problem with Raz he's not a natural striker of the ball like Gundagon, Phil or Kev. I'm not sure why they put that burden on him.

I bet there wasn't a single City fan that was confident he would put that away. Problem with Raz he's not a natural striker of the ball like Gundagon, Phil or Kev. I'm not sure why they put that burden on him.

Agree 100%. After Kev had his problem against Liverpool, I’d go for Gundo or Cancello from last night. If Foden had still been on I would have given it to him.

5fDw.gif

Perhaps we can get Mario to come and give the lads a few tips on how to take a penalty. He made it look easy and we knew it was a goal a as soon as the pen was awarded. Unlike now when we don’t even know who will be taking it. Raz should definitely not be anywhere near penalties, except maybe in a shoot out when for some odd reason they all do much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.