Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
If ederson was to take one, bet your bottom dollar the keeper would save it then thump it 90 yards or so back up the pitch into our empty net
That's the risk but we're in 3 Cups. It sounds like Ederson might be in line to take one in a shootout.

City have to fix this as we're likely to have a pen shootout in a key game this season.

Its shocking technique from Jesus, even I would have saved that last night. You would think after the last few he would have been told to try something different if he is going to step up again.

Agreed. Players lifting their eyes from the ball, deliberately stuttering, and changing angles in their run-up are all breaking their own concentration. Decide where it's going, focus entirely on the back of the ball, take a few strides, and place it firmly in that place.

Forwards should want to take them as they can easily boost their record, but if they're missing and too arrogant to change their technique, then let someone else have a go. If Guardiola wants to persist with a forward, then order them to change their technique and practise more.

I was thinking of a Troy Deeney or Jamie Vardy type but then they missed there spot kicks

Any fooker but Jesus.Said it before he took it.Just so cocky and arrogant.Just hit the fucking thing instead of poncing about !!
I thought the opposite. He doesn’t look arrogant enough, he looked like he was bricking it and expecting to miss. Same end result though, take him off penalty duty.

It was not a bad pen. Keeper was miles off his line.

His record at taking pens was good in previous seasons for City and Brazil
Not a bad pen? It was as close to the centre as it was to the corner. Not very good accuracy, not good power, not a good height either. It’s only a good pen if the keeper goes the wrong way, which is not what you want. It’s possible to hit unsavable pens even if the keeper guesses right. He was nowhere near that.

Last edited:
Franny Lee, Shearer, Rooney, Kane - all blasted the ball at the goals, keeper not got time to respond.

Pissing around and trying to place the ball is not the method I would advocate.
And Mario had a better record than all at City.

Any fooker but Jesus.Said it before he took it.Just so cocky and arrogant.Just hit the fucking thing instead of poncing about !!
He has a weak shot on him and goalies can probably guess what he's thinking just before he strikes it.

We need someone steely-eyed who'll put his foot through the ball and take the keeper into the net if he gets in the way. Foden is a good shout when he becomes a regular starter, someone mentioned Foden a bit earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.